• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Blog Post RE: BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Can you guys stop with the pissing match. Thank you.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Isn't that what a message board is for? What else is there? We can't have threads about other team's females. 95% of the threads on this board turn into pissing matches of some sort.

EDIT: My last post on this thread:

2009 175 carries record 5-5

2010 112 carries record 7-4

2011 132 carries record 5-6

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Isn't that what a message board is for? What else is there? We can't have threads about other team's females. 95% of the threads on this board turn into pissing matches of some sort.

we're being civil. don't open the thread.

better to look at pass:run ratio instead of total carries. kind of deceiving unless you consider total snaps.

he had 365 pass attempts last year compared to 245 in 2010. he had far less snaps. that's why he has fewer carries. look at pass:run ratio. in 2010 it was 2.19 passes for every run. last year it was 2.80. worse record.

we were 5-7 last year and 8-5 in 2010.

2009 8-5 1.3 pass:run ratio

2010 8-5 2.19 pass:run ratio

2011 5-7 2.80 pass:run ratio

we obviously lose more when he passes more. we were blown out in 1 game last year so it's even more damning that they had him pass almost 3 times for every time they had him run. of course he also dropped back to pass and scrambled so those actually count towards runs. his sacks also count as runs when they were called pass plays.

his called running plays would be even less.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

the year Tebow won national championship he averaged 3.8 ypc. his pass:run ratio was 1.69

last year BJ Daniels averaged 4.6 ypc. His pass;run ration was 2.8

kansas state QB averaged 3.6 ypc. his pass run ratio was .89

he was rated 10 points WORSE than BJ Daniels as a passer so guess what they ran him. they finished 10-2 in top 10.

it's mind numbing that a QB that both of us agree isn't a good passer has a pass:run ratio that high. especially with a ypc average that high.

I'll say it again for the millionth time. adapt your offense to your players strength. don't try to force your player to run your offense.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

There are pissing matches and then there are piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissing matches and some on here seem to thrive on the latter ...

There are pissing matches and then there are piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissing matches and some on here seem to thrive on the latter ...

True but like Bull94 said, we were being civil. Now, I won't say that I haven't been involved in piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissing matches before. ;)

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

If we had last years O line and this years WR corps how good would we be?

not any better unless we had a more accurate qb that actually goes thru his progressions.

B.J has always been inconsistent. I wouldn't be surprised if he throws for 3 touchdowns against FSU and then 3 ints against Temple. You never know which B.J Daniels you will get.

He is what He is, we won't contend for a Big East championship until we have consistent play at the QB position. Hopefully Woulard sticks with us.

However, B.J didn't play as bad as the numbers suggest against Rutgers. There were some drops, tipped balls that lead to interceptions, and one interception that CLEARLY hit the ground. He played okay considering our complete lack of a running game and Rutgers solid defense. At least we are throwing the deep ball this year.

those tipped balls you speak of were only tipped because they were thrown behind his intended receivers, ala bjs fault. i think hes the first qb in history to throw a more accurate 40 yard pass than an 8 slant.

Woulard isn't consistent in high school. does anybody who says they can;'t wait ever checked a boxscore???

I saw the highlights of his most recent game. Not very impressed. Made a pretty bad read standing in the end zone and threw a pick six.

lets also remember hes 17 years old....our qb makes some of the dumbest decisions ever and hes almost 23. im willing to bet woulard progresses a lot, bj has progessed NONE in 4 years.

I've been thinking about this issue. If CSH isn't going to cater his offense around BJ, then why not play Matt who does fit his offense?