• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hats off to the Students last night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

The Students did their part last night and showed up. They were fully engaged in the game for the most part (minus the one who puked all up and down the isle as he was leaving).

Now if we can get fans to show up before the END of the 1st qt and stay until the End of the 4TH Qt we will be doing something.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone picked up and left after Rutgers ran that td in. It was really frustrating, we were yelling our heads off to watch 3rd downs be converted left and right.. I'm amazed that most of the students lasted that long.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

As much as people like to think it has an effect; standing, screaming, clapping or whatever never makes a tackle or completes a pass. Some of our biggest wins have been on the road with home crowd at a deafening level.

Maybe we should start screaming when our offense has the ball and they'll think they are on the road. Could translate to more home wins. </sarcasm>

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

Students have been great this season. I hope it doesnt fade out.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The Students did their part last night and showed up. They were fully engaged in the game for the most part (minus the one who puked all up and down the isle as he was leaving).

Now if we can get fans to show up before the END of the 1st qt and stay until the End of the 4TH Qt we will be doing something.

He can hardly be blamed. I drove over from work and didn't have a drink all night. I still felt like puking when I left!

Students showed up, I thougth attendance overall was pretty good. It looked sad at kick-off, but by 5 minutes into the 1st quarter the lower bowl looked pretty good. In typical USF fan style, many fans seemed not to make it back to their seats for the second half though...

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

I'm going to slightly disagree. I wasn't happy with the students, and its not wholly their fault.

The students are coming to the games but not knowing what to do. There needs to be a Student Football Experience 101 class or something like TAMU with Midnight Yell.

No one can keep the pace of the songs down, which makes us all look stupid. They need to know to be quiet on offense and loud on defense. There's no sitting when the game is going on, especially on defense and when you are in the front 5 rows. You want to sit and watch the game quietly, you have a couch and tv for that. Finally, you stay till the end of the game when the fight song and alma mater are played.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Everyone picked up and left after Rutgers ran that td in. It was really frustrating, we were yelling our heads off to watch 3rd downs be converted left and right.. I'm amazed that most of the students lasted that long.

Everyone who stayed was rewarded with the Kick Return team not even bothering to field the kick.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I'm going to slightly disagree. I wasn't happy with the students, and its not wholly their fault.

The students are coming to the games but not knowing what to do. There needs to be a Student Football Experience 101 class or something like TAMU with Midnight Yell.

No one can keep the pace of the songs down, which makes us all look stupid. They need to know to be quiet on offense and loud on defense. There's no sitting when the game is going on, especially on defense and when you are in the front 5 rows. You want to sit and watch the game quietly, you have a couch and tv for that. Finally, you stay till the end of the game when the fight song and alma mater are played.

Tell that to the players and coaches!

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

Tell that to the players and coaches!

funny-hedgehog-happy-angry-face.jpg

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

He can hardly be blamed. I drove over from work and didn't have a drink all night. I still felt like puking when I left!

Students showed up, I thougth attendance overall was pretty good. It looked sad at kick-off, but by 5 minutes into the 1st quarter the lower bowl looked pretty good. In typical USF fan style, many fans seemed not to make it back to their seats for the second half though...

You must have been at another game. There were fewer students in the stands than at the Chatanoooooga game scrimage. With 7:49 left in the 1st quarter the lower bowl was almost as empty as it was at kickoff. Overall attendance (actual) was below that at the Chatanooooga scrimage,