• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hats off to the Students last night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I'm going to slightly disagree. I wasn't happy with the students, and its not wholly their fault.

The students are coming to the games but not knowing what to do. There needs to be a Student Football Experience 101 class or something like TAMU with Midnight Yell.

No one can keep the pace of the songs down, which makes us all look stupid. They need to know to be quiet on offense and loud on defense. There's no sitting when the game is going on, especially on defense and when you are in the front 5 rows. You want to sit and watch the game quietly, you have a couch and tv for that. Finally, you stay till the end of the game when the fight song and alma mater are played.

AudienceApplauseBnW.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

I think we should start flying paper airplanes out of the Go Bulls signs when we score all the time. 8,000 paper airplanes would be nuts

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

As much as people like to think it has an effect; standing, screaming, clapping or whatever never makes a tackle or completes a pass. Some of our biggest wins have been on the road with home crowd at a deafening level.

Maybe we should start screaming when our offense has the ball and they'll think they are on the road. Could translate to more home wins. </sarcasm>

I like it. This could be the new tradition we're looking for.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Yes the stragglers are really selfish and a pain in the A--. They get in the way during the game getting to thier seats. Its rude, disrespectful to the players, the school and the other fans.

Really is it more important to stay 10 extra minutes in the parking lot to get chit faced and more obnoxious?

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

I think we should start flying paper airplanes out of the Go Bulls signs when we score all the time. 8,000 paper airplanes would be nuts

I support this plan.

Thanks, M.I.A. ;)

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261

I convinced the three I was with to stay and sing the alma mater only to have the team go straight to the locker room. I will not be doing so again.

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

I left a minute or 2 after Rutgers got kickoff back. Not only because of that but one person I drove over was drunk and getting annoying lol

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know what it is but one side is always doing one thing and the other doing something else. At least they know when everybody's hands go up..........

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  126

im not trying to take shots at anyone who is not a student, but one thing that I noticed last night was that the only section that was actually cheering on the team was the student section. I recall multiple big 3rd down plays in which the defense tried to pump up the crowd and get some noise going and everyone other than the student section just stayed seated.

I also agree with you guys when you say that we need a football behavior 101 class. One of my biggest pet peeves is when everyone is yelling as lowd as they can when our offense is on the field...sorry for the rant

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

im not trying to take shots at anyone who is not a student, but one thing that I noticed last night was that the only section that was actually cheering on the team was the student section. I recall multiple big 3rd down plays in which the defense tried to pump up the crowd and get some noise going and everyone other than the student section just stayed seated.

I also agree with you guys when you say that we need a football behavior 101 class. One of my biggest pet peeves is when everyone is yelling as lowd as they can when our offense is on the field...sorry for the rant

Moving to another section after being a student is eye opening. However, I thought a lot of the south endzone did pretty well with noise on 3rd downs.