• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Packed House Tonight at Ray Jay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah it looked packed to me in the 2nd then everyone went home, or so it seemed

If you were in the stadium....1. go have your eyes checked...2. cut back on your alcohol intake.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The attendance was low and really pathetic. I have always thought we would be a good addition to a major conference, but couldn't help thinking who would want us? Obviously the Tampa Bay area doesn't care. We didn't make a very good show for the national TV audience, and for all those Bowl reps who were in attendance.

I am beginning to dislike our stadium with the club and end zone areas which promote anything other than being involved in the game.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Actual 29,861 in the seats

Ouch...next years season ticket sales are going to be pathetic! USF should really think about only selling lower bowl tickets.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

i will say that we have one of the biggest and nicest club levels in all of college football so of course all those seats between the 30s have club access and thats where those snubs spend their time.

but we really need better die hard fans and not people who go to games to socialize

This is absolutely right. There were lots of people hanging in club level and by the pirate ship. There's always something to do at Ray Jay, other than watching the D*A*M*N game. Building die-hards takes time, at least we got the fairweather fans that pay to NOT see a game.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

i will say that we have one of the biggest and nicest club levels in all of college football so of course all those seats between the 30s have club access and thats where those snubs spend their time.

but we really need better die hard fans and not people who go to games to socialize

This is absolutely right. There were lots of people hanging in club level and by the pirate ship. There's always something to do at Ray Jay, other than watching the D*A*M*N game. Building die-hards takes time, at least we got the fairweather fans that pay to NOT see a game.

Yeah, it's discouraging to see the die hard fans ripped by the fans who don't want to have to stand up though. They almost need to get cheerleaders in the stands to instruct people to stand.

In the Alumni end zone, on some huge defensive plays in the fourth quarter the front 10-15 rows were all sitting on their hands in several sections. Some sections were better than others, but that was the biggest game USF is going to have there this season, and I heard some people complaining that I stood up to make noise. Embarassing...

We need to spread shirts that just say stand up on the back of them.

What we need is a team that wins Big East football games Spectators do not lose football games.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

bench seats do wonders for fanbases. just sayin'.

there isn't 15K in the corridors. stop smoking crack. maybe 1500. bucs games don't have this problem, they may have people standing along the endzone decks but they're still watching the games. usf can't even get the people sitting down in the seats with good views to pay attn. we had 2 skanks come sit down, take pictures of themselves and leave. then came back 2-3 rows lower. one girl stared at the floor while she clapped and probably didn't know why she was even clapping.

this is college. there shouldn't even BE a club level. suites for boosters, and maybe a small club area (like touchdown terrace at UF) where the tier of boosters and alums below the suite ballers can go during halftime for some air conditioning and nicer food. the rest of the club stuff should be blown up.

come to the game, cheer loud, or gtfo.

there's tons of universities out there who could afford padded, heating reclining seats for 80,000, but they don't. why? because students dont need seat backs (at least most of ours are standing all the time anyways). if you're old, bring the collapsable seat backs that hook onto the bench. season ticket holders will get permanent ones automatically. club areas between the 30 yard lines in ONE section get seat backs and those are for diehard premium season ticket holders. half of our club sections at ray jay are sold to fans of opposing teams if they're not filled by season tickets.

the expectation for an on campus stadium should be and will be no more than 50K capacity.

expectation at big east conference games should be MINIMUM 40,000 ACTUAL. period. even on weeknight games (exclusions for any future Thursdays since we never win that night).

this less than 30K stuff is unacceptable. FSU will sell out for obvious reasons. the next game....syracuse...probably a nooner, and they might even beat us again....i'd be surprised if we break 25K actual that day.

• Downvote 1

I was at the game, attendance was no better or worse than usual. If you had moved 300 level people down into the 100/200 those bowls would have been just about full.

Sorry, but you are wrong! The actual number (29,861) through the turnstiles wouldn't come close to "just about" filling the lower bowl.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

The attendance is poor, but the lack of compassion from the people there may be worse.

There were maybe ten people (and one especially) in the entire alumni section that even seemed to care about the game.

I went to games at FSU and even UCF and no one sits besides commercials and halftime. Our fans seem disturbed when someone stands to cheer for the defense.

when people are regularly threatened to be kicked out of the game specifically for standing when the "majority of the section" is not standing it kinda makes it hard to create the atmosphere you're talking about in the non-student sections

*** not trying to re-ignite a 5 year old debate...just pointing out a fact ***

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293

I thought it was a good turnout for a thursday night game, and i think the students did a good job making noise for most of the game even after disappointing plays.