• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re-watched Nevada game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I think the biggest difference in the game was the DT's went from trying to get in the backfield to playing to plug a gap

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

You have to admit that Nevada was like Houdini with that ball for much of the game, at times the camera crew had no idea where the ball went.

This.

Their offense was incredibly deceptive with the ball. Coupled with a QB with great mobility and vision, and it would be difficult for any defense to stop.

That being said, we figured it out just in time. And started putting hats on people when it counted.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

I think the biggest difference in the game was the DT's went from trying to get in the backfield to playing to plug a gap

Exactly. Which means that the DTs came out of the gate raring to go. Not always the best strategy as Nevada took advantage of that, knew that USF would come in hot and over pursue and get burned. Which goes to the OP's observations. They did come in ready. What they had to do was figure out what to adjust to that would work, which they did in the second half when they slowed them down.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I liked how much they passed to the TE. It's something we need to do more.

Our D made some adjustments after the first quarter that slowed Nevada down a bit. Still some things that need to be worked on though.

I thought that passing to the TE was a big part of Holtz's offense when he was coming to TE. And Sean Price is a receiving TE. And Landi was moved to TE and can catch. Maybe BJ prefers WR.

I thought that passing to the TE was a big part of Holtz's offense when he was coming to TE. And Sean Price is a receiving TE. And Landi was moved to TE and can catch. Maybe BJ prefers WR.

I thought we were going to as well. Price does need to see the field more often.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I thought we were going to as well. Price does need to see the field more often.

Why are we in such a hurry to get Price on the field? With our stable of dependable WRs + McFarland and Landi, wouldn't it make more sense to not bring him in unless you have to, maybe eventually getting a redshirt out of him?

Why are we in such a hurry to get Price on the field? With our stable of dependable WRs + McFarland and Landi, wouldn't it make more sense to not bring him in unless you have to, maybe eventually getting a redshirt out of him?

Landi isn't a TE. Price lined up at TE in the first game and did a good job blocking. Not really sold on McFarland. Might as well let Price get his playing time.

The only reason not to throw to them is they are in the blocking scheme. Which, may be an issue this year.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

The defense came out raring to go and it was an overactive defense that was missing the ball carrier from overpursuit.

That seems to have been our problem for the past several years.