• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re-watched Nevada game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Our defense and offense need to start faster. This warming up for 3 quarters or at least a half shows we have some issues. The team needs to come out of the gate much faster.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Agree. Defense started to settle in by the 2nd quarter.

I expect more focus from the start on Thursday.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I really thought I was just watching a newer version of the Pitt game frm last season....Not pretty.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Based on what?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Our defense and offense need to start faster. This warming up for 3 quarters or at least a half shows we have some issues. The team needs to come out of the gate much faster.

Actually what you are saying is why Nevada took an early lead. The defense came out raring to go and it was an overactive defense that was missing the ball carrier from overpursuit. Be careful what you wish for.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Based on what?

Based on the fact that we made many mistakes in the Nevada game. Expecting better focus on preparation leading into the Rutgers game.

• Topic Count:  962
  • Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

I'm not sure we ever stopped Nevada. They stopped themselves. That is why it was so frustrating. Our D Line was gassed by the end of the first quarter and couldn't touch Fajardo all day. Aside from the two fumbles I don't really recall any positive plays on Defense until the final play. Nevada probably could have put 50 on us without the drops and penalties. We couldn't stop them from moving the chains at all. It reminded me alot of that pathetic Pitt game from last year.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm not sure we ever stopped Nevada. They stopped themselves. That is why it was so frustrating. Our D Line was gassed by the end of the first quarter and couldn't touch Fajardo all day. Aside from the two fumbles I don't really recall any positive plays on Defense until the final play. Nevada probably could have put 50 on us without the drops and penalties. We couldn't stop them from moving the chains at all. It reminded me alot of that pathetic Pitt game from last year.

Disagree. Did we dominate on D, ever, in this game? No. Were we effective enough from about the 2nd quarter on? For the most part, yes. We didn't have a dominant defense the entire game, but that doesn't mean our defense didn't stop anyone.

Us having a plus number in the turnover margin plus the fact that they didn't score in the 2nd quarter pretty much contradicts a lot of what you just said.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

You have to admit that Nevada was like Houdini with that ball for much of the game, at times the camera crew had no idea where the ball went.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I'm not sure we ever stopped Nevada. They stopped themselves. That is why it was so frustrating. Our D Line was gassed by the end of the first quarter and couldn't touch Fajardo all day. Aside from the two fumbles I don't really recall any positive plays on Defense until the final play. Nevada probably could have put 50 on us without the drops and penalties. We couldn't stop them from moving the chains at all.

Are you going on memory or did you rewatch it? I think that first quarter is burnt in a lot of minds and while we obviously didn't shut them down, we did make some defensive plays that stopped them .... Plus, where you say they stopped themselves, they had 3 or 4 holding calls that put them in holes .... but holding calls, to me anyway, are penalties forced by the defense, and there were other times they held but it wasn't called.

It reminded me alot of that pathetic Pitt game from last year.

Didn't we lose that game?