• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AA's look on USF's Power Ranking.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Stats are funny things, when you break them down they sometimes tell a different story. Nevada had 208 yds in the 1st quarter, quarters 2 through 4: 347 (according to the stats on espn.) USF through 1 had 135 yds, 2 through 4: 430. After the 1st quarter, our "swiss cheese" defense clamped down quite a bit. It all depends on how you look at it. Also, instead of painting a negative picture, we could paint the we never gave up on each other, and we showed that we have what it takes to win the last minute games, something that we didn't have last year. It's all about perspective.

Even if USF only gave up 347 yards in the last three quarters, that's equal to giving up 463 yards through four quarters. So, yes even if you throw out the first quarter and back calculate the yardage allowed in the other three quarters, our defense is still swiss cheese.

At this point, to me, it looks like we have the same defense we had last year. Louisville and Cincy are going to shred us, but if our offense can play mistake free football we'll stay in the game.

Rutgers has no offense, so our D should hold them. It's just a matter of can our offense break through their D? Same will go for UConn. We are the same team as last year with better WRs.

Not worth the time it took to respond.

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

Did WVU play almost similar to pistol offense with Pat White? If so, my concern is that our coaches' capable to make some adjustments. They have not figured out after 50 or 80 plays. Our former DC, Wally Burnham, would resolve in few plays or even before the game.

Not worth the time it took to respond.

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802

AA is an idiot.

While I could stop there, my 2 cents:

1. Beating Pitt is the equivalent of an FCS win right now. It shouldn't move anyone up.

2. We weren't outplayed 58 minutes. We were outplayed the 1st qtr badly enough that it took us 3 qtrs to come back. When it was 21-20 I figured we'd win. (I wasn't counting on them dropping 10 more on us though). We played a consistent offensive game (1 TD+ each qtr) whereas Nevada started with a flurry and that was it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

Did WVU play almost similar to pistol offense with Pat White? If so, my concern is that our coaches' capable to make some adjustments.

When you're getting outplayed, like we were early in that game on defense, all the adjustments in the world aren't going to help you .... unless by adjustments you mean try playing with 13.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

I have no problem with the statement that USF was outplayed for most of the game or that they were fortunate to win. I do not care about power rankings as the have no meaning. What I do have a problem is her acting like Nevada are a bunch of crumb bums. Aren't they one of the few teams to beat Boise St. the last couple of years? Did they not beat Cal at Cal. Oh wait.... They are not part of ESPN's "Big 5" so they must suck....

CAL sucks

But they are in the Big 5. You kind of made my point for me. When they beat Cal, it received some coverage.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Stats are funny things, when you break them down they sometimes tell a different story. Nevada had 208 yds in the 1st quarter, quarters 2 through 4: 347 (according to the stats on espn.) USF through 1 had 135 yds, 2 through 4: 430. After the 1st quarter, our "swiss cheese" defense clamped down quite a bit. It all depends on how you look at it. Also, instead of painting a negative picture, we could paint the we never gave up on each other, and we showed that we have what it takes to win the last minute games, something that we didn't have last year. It's all about perspective.

Even if USF only gave up 347 yards in the last three quarters, that's equal to giving up 463 yards through four quarters. So, yes even if you throw out the first quarter and back calculate the yardage allowed in the other three quarters, our defense is still swiss cheese.

At this point, to me, it looks like we have the same defense we had last year. Louisville and Cincy are going to shred us, but if our offense can play mistake free football we'll stay in the game.

Rutgers has no offense, so our D should hold them. It's just a matter of can our offense break through their D? Same will go for UConn. We are the same team as last year with better WRs.

I'm going to have to disagree here. Last years team loses this game against Nevada, even with better WRs.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Last year, Nevada kicks a fg to win. Bank it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Couldn't stop the run up the middle all day.

We did in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and when it mattered in the 4th.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Last year, Nevada kicks a fg to win. Bank it.

You can thank #44 for dropping that easy pass. He would have had another 20 upfield and then would have been well within FG range.