• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers is hurting...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

If we're 4-0 going into the FSU game, do you guys think we'll be ranked?

Yes. If we were somehow able to get ranked in the top 20, one could easily make a case for us to have gameday vs FSU.

No way they would come here. I have not heard them speak once about the Big East.

depends on that weeks matchups but one could easily make a case for it being here. Factor in what could be a top 25 USF and top 10 FSU along with the instate rivalry, sold out game, possibility of good tv ratings and the fact that it could have BCS bowl implications. makes it a no brainer to me if there isn't any other huge games that week.

edit

just looked and here are the "big games" that week. only one that stands out to me is the Ohio State game.

Ole Miss @ #1 Alabama

#23 Tennessee @ #7 Georgia

#12 Ohio State @ #10 Michigan State

#14 Texas @ Oklahoma State

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Georgia-Tennessee would get it before FSU-USF would, especially if both teams are still undefeated at that point.

Georgia-Tennessee would get it before FSU-USF would, especially if both teams are still undefeated at that point.

Tennessee plays the gators next week. Think the gators will beat them. If they do then Ohio State>USF>Georgia and if they don't then Ohio State>Georgia>USF

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

Yes. If we were somehow able to get ranked in the top 20, one could easily make a case for us to have gameday vs FSU.

No way they would come here. I have not heard them speak once about the Big East.

depends on that weeks matchups but one could easily make a case for it being here. Factor in what could be a top 25 USF and top 10 FSU along with the instate rivalry, sold out game, possibility of good tv ratings and the fact that it could have BCS bowl implications. makes it a no brainer to me if there isn't any other huge games that week.

edit

just looked and here are the "big games" that week. only one that stands out to me is the Ohio State game.

Ole Miss @ #1 Alabama

I thought I heard that gameday will likely be at the clemson-FSU game the week before. Is it likely gameday would want one of the two feature teams to be repeated in consecutive weeks? Now I know one would be at Tally and other in Tampa, but still.

I think the best bet would be if USF and UL are both undefeated by that time, but that is SOOOOOO far way. Of course this wouldn't bring gameday to Tampa, but would still be neat.

edit

Ole Miss @ #1 Alabama

I thought I heard that gameday will likely be at the clemson-FSU game the week before. Is it likely gameday would want one of the two feature teams to be repeated in consecutive weeks? Now I know one would be at Tally and other in Tampa, but still.

I think the best bet would be if USF and UL are both undefeated by that time, but that is SOOOOOO far way. Of course this wouldn't bring gameday to Tampa, but would still be neat.

I hadn't heard that but makes sense as it's a big game for them. Gameday this weekend is at the Tennessee Florida game so you can probably cross the Georgia Tennessee game off the list. I'm gonna say Ohio State MSU gets it but if FSU doesn't get it vs Clemson, we could be in the running.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

They're not quite as banged up as originally thought. Here's to exorcising a lot of demons this Thursday night!

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/09/rutgers_coach_kyle_flood_offer.html

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

Here is from their newspaper...

http://www.nj.com/ru...ury_update.html

We can get revenge on Hofstra. Kinda.

Redshirt junior Matt McBride, a transfer from the now-defunct program at Hofstra, and Taj Alexander are their respective backups.

The starting center returned to practice today and he's expected to start on Thursday. Alexander was and still is listed as a co-starter with Civil. Rutgers gets their kick returner Deering back this week as well as their starting TE. Only backups DE Thompson, RB Huggins and co-starter RG Civil are expected not to play on Thursday.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We probably have more starters out than Rutgers. Anyone have an injury update for us?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

We probably have more starters out than Rutgers. Anyone have an injury update for us?

From what Southshore said in another thread, Griffin is out for the season. JaQuez Jenkins and Kayvon Webster are questionable for Thursday. Those are 2 big blows on the defensive side if they aren't on the field.