• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Injury Update?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I watched that play on Sam and it didn't look like any helmet came into contact with another helmet...regardless of that awful penalty call.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

KEY INJURIES: The Bulls suffered a potentially significant injury in the first half when receiver Sterling Griffin injured his right knee and had to be helped off the field. Griffin watched the second half on crutches, and Holtz said he'll know more about the severity of the injury by tonight. Griffin missed the entire 2010 season with a broken ankle.

Cornerback Kayvon Webster injured his right knee in the third quarter and did not return, but said after the game that he will play in Thursday's home game against Rutgers.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/notes-davis-hauls-winning-td-bulls-finish

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

KEY INJURIES: The Bulls suffered a potentially significant injury in the first half when receiver Sterling Griffin injured his right knee and had to be helped off the field. Griffin watched the second half on crutches, and Holtz said he'll know more about the severity of the injury by tonight. Griffin missed the entire 2010 season with a broken ankle.

Cornerback Kayvon Webster injured his right knee in the third quarter and did not return, but said after the game that he will play in Thursday's home game against Rutgers.

http://www.tampabay....td-bulls-finish

Kayvon would be the significant injury if he's gone .... I feel horrible for Sterling but I did not feel the dread I felt when he went down the other times.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Sterling had a chance to be one of the best WRs in the Nation after what he showed his freshman year. Such a shame injuries never let him build off of that. but that is something that happens to a lot of very talented players. it is just part of the game. i wish him the best and Bulls fans will always know the name Sterling Griffin.

Kayvon would be a big loss and really- HIM saying he will play doesn't carry a whole lot of weight with me. I want to hear it from Skip or someone else

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

We need Kayvon to play. We have more depth at WR than at CB

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

sterling always gets hurt... so unfortunate...

on the bright side we have awesome WRs

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Anyone's knee would be damaged at the same angle as a guy like Ryne Giddens falling on it.

Hope the guys will be ok.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

I felt horrible for the Tulane safety who fractured his neck and stopped breathing on the way to the hospital. My understanding is they did an emergency trache on the field. Injuries like that are the reason calls are made like the one against Barrington. Err on the side of caution, if it stops him from doing that type hit again, possibly misjudging the next time he does it and someone suffers a serious injury. The refs don't have instant replay on flags too so you don't know what they saw. It looked like he launched with his head down though, very dangerous to both involved whither he hit helmet to helmet or not.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I watched that play on Sam and it didn't look like any helmet came into contact with another helmet...regardless of that awful penalty call.

Yep, that was a straight shoulder pad hit. Maybe it was the "defenseless player" rule?

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I hope the safety from Tulane is ok. Anyone hear anything on him?