• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Before you jump off the bridge...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Just remember that we're not PITT, Penn state, or Syracuse who all got handed losses tonight. 2 of those to fcs teams btw.

Ya it wasn't all pretty but I would MUCH RATHER have reality checks early like this then have a false sense of security 4-0 or w.e. down the road. For all we know maybe our team needed a nice wakeup call.

And fwiw, in 2007 we had a pretty lame duck opener like this one against elon to go 28-13... And - few weeks later, number 2 in the country....waddya know.

usf took care of business

i thought we would dominate and i was wrong

next week will be a very good game and it will go down to the wire

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If we sputter next week at Nevada I'll be concerned but if we **** the bed on yet another Thursday against Rutgers then I'll b worried

A Thursday night game 5 days after flying back from the West Coast, playing what appears to be a pretty good football team .... if we DON'T **** the bed, I'll be amazed.

why all the pessimissim

the rutger's game is in tampa

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

I think you saw a lot of rust and over confidence (we were clearly more athletic than them) in some of the players last night. But we had no major injuries, some real game tape to review and a win. We need better discipline on the stupid personal fouls and turnovers.

Next week will be a much better measurment to where we stand this season...Heck, even Skip's pops said to not judge your team after the first week, do it after the 2nd game.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

UTC looked like it had some studs......

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

UTC looked like it had some studs......

Like the Left defensive end that #70 never laid a hand on?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

well coached teams come out and execute like a well oiled machine. especially when you have 16 returning starters.

skip doesn't have killer instinct. he sits on leads. Fitch has no creativity whatsoever. we are going to have to scratch out victories this year. I'm not at all confident in their coaching abilities.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

well coached teams come out and execute like a well oiled machine. especially when you have 16 returning starters.

skip doesn't have killer instinct. he sits on leads. Fitch has no creativity whatsoever. we are going to have to scratch out victories this year. I'm not at all confident in their coaching abilities.

Yes! I have been reading here all summer about how we were going to beat everyone because of the senior laden team

.I didn't see much change in BJ- ran backwards,didn't know when to throw the ball away and still didn't protect the ball. That is on the coaching-

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Give the Mocs some credit, you could tell how much heart and determination they were playing with... They didn't give up and their motors were constant. That wasn't an FCS team looking to take their lumps and move on to division play, it was a team looking to prove something and it showed. Watch the highlights of our win over FSU and you'll see a bulls team playing with the heart and energy we saw from the Mocs. I was very impressed with the energy and heart their D played with and if they can maintain that in their division they'll do well.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If anybody in state of florida should be on the bridge might be gator fan watching part of the replay they

look terrible.

I think our team was looking past UTC to nevada or atleast I hope so. Next week will tell us alot I think about this team.