• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something to keep in mind

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Miami is down, Florida is down, FSU has not shown to be dominant, if we can overtake FSU this year and end with a big east title, we set a VERY VERY DANGEROUS precedence for where the FUTURE of florida football is. MOMENTUM is MUCH more important than tradition and history. Tradition and history is the excuse you use when you can't recruit with anything else.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Right on Bull Brother!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Big 1?

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Amen to that. Let's kick some choo choo Tuchus!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

We will have to continue to raise our recruiting. Even with their lastest performances on the field, UF and FSU will continue to recruit well.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Miami is down, Florida is down, FSU has not shown to be dominant, if we can overtake FSU this year and end with a big east title, we set a VERY VERY DANGEROUS precedence for where the FUTURE of florida football is. MOMENTUM is MUCH more important than tradition and history. Tradition and history is the excuse you use when you can't recruit with anything else.

ummm....FSU is picked by a lot of people to play in the National Title game this year and both FSU + UF still slaughter us on recruiting. Miami usually does as well but who knows how any sancations might effect that.

i agree that momentum can be more important than tradition but not "much" more. and one year of a big east title isn't going to level the playing field. FSU and UF still have MUCH better facilities, atmosphere, bigger fanbase etc

if we can sustain 7-8 years of success then we can talk about this type of conversation. you have to remember that the guys that are taking the field RIGHT now in college football- have already been football fans for 10+ years. It's not like they just wake up and our high school juniors trying to pick a college based on who had the best record last year.

i think our fans, not intended to anyone specific on this thread but our fanbase as a whole- can be deliousional about what it really takes to be an elite college football program.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

ummm....FSU is picked by a lot of people to play in the National Title game this year and both FSU + UF still slaughter us on recruiting. Miami usually does as well but who knows how any sancations might effect that.

i agree that momentum can be more important than tradition but not "much" more. and one year of a big east title isn't going to level the playing field. FSU and UF still have MUCH better facilities, atmosphere, bigger fanbase etc

if we can sustain 7-8 years of success then we can talk about this type of conversation. you have to remember that the guys that are taking the field RIGHT now in college football- have already been football fans for 10+ years. It's not like they just wake up and our high school juniors trying to pick a college based on who had the best record last year.

i think our fans, not intended to anyone specific on this thread but our fanbase as a whole- can be deliousional about what it really takes to be an elite college football program.

Darn you and your realism.

The truth is UF and FSU could both go 0-12 for the next 5 years, and to most (non-USF-alumni) fans they would still be the "most important" teams in the state.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

+1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just win baby

-Al Davis

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

desmon howard picked FSU to win national title last year. they didn't win their own division in the acc let alone their conference. they get hyped every year based on their success in the 90's.

UF was 6-6 last year after going 7-5 the year before and they still get ranked top 25 preseason.

there is one thing we will have to do and that is prove it but all 3 of the big 3 emerged from nowhere to become relevant nationally. it took UF 100 years to win conference title. Miami almost disbanded before they went on a run.

I'm not saying we will over take them at all but I agree that momentum is much more important than history. get a hot coach that can lock down recruiting territory(unfortunately we didn't get charlie strong) then there is no reason why we can't go on a run. this area is loaded with talent, we have just as good facilities, and we aren't located in some backwater hick hell hole(no offense UF and FSU fans).