• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something to keep in mind

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Miami is down, Florida is down, FSU has not shown to be dominant, if we can overtake FSU this year and end with a big east title, we set a VERY VERY DANGEROUS precedence for where the FUTURE of florida football is. MOMENTUM is MUCH more important than tradition and history. Tradition and history is the excuse you use when you can't recruit with anything else.

ummm....FSU is picked by a lot of people to play in the National Title game this year and both FSU + UF still slaughter us on recruiting. Miami usually does as well but who knows how any sancations might effect that.

i agree that momentum can be more important than tradition but not "much" more. and one year of a big east title isn't going to level the playing field. FSU and UF still have MUCH better facilities, atmosphere, bigger fanbase etc

if we can sustain 7-8 years of success then we can talk about this type of conversation. you have to remember that the guys that are taking the field RIGHT now in college football- have already been football fans for 10+ years. It's not like they just wake up and our high school juniors trying to pick a college based on who had the best record last year.

i think our fans, not intended to anyone specific on this thread but our fanbase as a whole- can be deliousional about what it really takes to be an elite college football program.

1.I think more than anything you're just playin devils advocate. We wouldn't have to sustain 7to8 years to have this conversation that's ludicrous, 2 3 years of strong finishes will more than make an even playing field. Ya UF will always recruit, ya FSU will always recruit, but that is completely irrelevant.we will be contending for top guys as well.

2.It's ALL about perception. Ya I get these guys watch football since they're young, but trust me EVERYBODY wants to be part of the next big thing. Be there to make history.Way more than just another knotch on the belt of a storied school.

3. FSU is picked to win the national championship??? What??? Omg!!! Tell me something I haven't heard the last 10 years in a row. FSU is overrated year in and year out. Tell me who do they play that is so amazing?

Boston college... Sucks.

NC state.... Decent

Wake...sucks

Miami...decent

Duke...sucks

Maryland...sucks

V Tech..good

Clemson... OK. also always overrated

So tell me again how FSU is way better than us and how they are going to play in the national championship?

Please everybody needs to put down the ESPN koolaid and actually watch these teams play the field,

Everybody's talking up the Michigan Alabama game like Michigan has a chance, u wanna know why they're talking it up?? Just because Michigan has money, a large following nd a lot of viewers, so espn gives them what they wanna hear. You wanna know the truth? Michigan doesn't have a chance.

welcome to the media, where it's the ratings that count, not the truth.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Miami is down, Florida is down, FSU has not shown to be dominant, if we can overtake FSU this year and end with a big east title, we set a VERY VERY DANGEROUS precedence for where the FUTURE of florida football is. MOMENTUM is MUCH more important than tradition and history. Tradition and history is the excuse you use when you can't recruit with anything else.

ummm....FSU is picked by a lot of people to play in the National Title game this year and both FSU + UF still slaughter us on recruiting. Miami usually does as well but who knows how any sancations might effect that.

i agree that momentum can be more important than tradition but not "much" more. and one year of a big east title isn't going to level the playing field. FSU and UF still have MUCH better facilities, atmosphere, bigger fanbase etc

if we can sustain 7-8 years of success then we can talk about this type of conversation. you have to remember that the guys that are taking the field RIGHT now in college football- have already been football fans for 10+ years. It's not like they just wake up and our high school juniors trying to pick a college based on who had the best record last year.

i think our fans, not intended to anyone specific on this thread but our fanbase as a whole- can be deliousional about what it really takes to be an elite college football program.

1.I think more than anything you're just playin devils advocate. We wouldn't have to sustain 7to8 years to have this conversation that's ludicrous, 2 3 years of strong finishes will more than make an even playing field. Ya UF will always recruit, ya FSU will always recruit, but that is completely irrelevant.we will be contending for top guys as well.

2.It's ALL about perception. Ya I get these guys watch football since they're young, but trust me EVERYBODY wants to be part of the next big thing. Be there to make history.Way more than just another knotch on the belt of a storied school.

3. FSU is picked to win the national championship??? What??? Omg!!! Tell me something I haven't heard the last 10 years in a row. FSU is overrated year in and year out. Tell me who do they play that is so amazing?

Boston college... Sucks.

NC state.... Decent

Wake...sucks

Miami...decent

Duke...sucks

Maryland...sucks

V Tech..good

So tell me again how FSU is way better than us and how they are going to play in the national championship?

Please everybody needs to put down the ESPN koolaid and actually watch these teams play the field,

Everybody's talking up the Michigan Alabama game like Michigan has a chance, u wanna know why they're talking it up?? Just because Michigan has money, a large following nd a lot of viewers, so espn gives them what they wanna hear. You wanna know the truth? Michigan doesn't have a chance.

don't sweat these guys. most of them think we're closer to ball state than we are to FSU.

we have shown flashes of what we are capable of. now with depth hopefully we can be consistent.

given the right circumstances(which by the way is something every program must contend with-even alabama hasn't dominated forever) we could have just as good a run as any of these others. they probably thought it was impossible for a former junior college in idaho to compete with the blue bloods, too.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If the, "Big 3" stay down this year and we win the Big East, it could helps us on a few more recruiting battles. It will still take several years to be considered on par with them

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

We just finished as one of the worst teams in one of the worst conferences in the country and a year later people are talking about us surpassing UF and FSU? Let's try dominating teams like Pitt and Rutgers first. Best team in the state....I've heard it all.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

We just finished as one of the worst teams in one of the worst conferences in the country and a year later people are talking about us surpassing UF and FSU? Let's try dominating teams like Pitt and Rutgers first. Best team in the state....I've heard it all.

Who has FSU beaten or dominated that should impress me other than an overrated UF team. Talk about dominating teams with lesser talent? Ok wake forrest.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Boston college... Sucks.

NC state.... Decent

Wake...sucks

Miami...decent

Duke...sucks

Maryland...sucks

V Tech..good

In 2014, we win the Big East, and as hard as it is for some of you to imagine it, don't make the Final Four, what bowl game are we going to?

Boston college... Sucks.

NC state.... Decent

Wake...sucks

Miami...decent

Duke...sucks

Maryland...sucks

V Tech..good

In 2014, we win the Big East, and as hard as it is for some of you to imagine it, don't make the Final Four, what bowl game are we going to?

who knows. depends on our record. not sure why that matters though.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Yup, and my guess is that's exactly what would happen. The undefeated BE champion playing in the Beef O' Brady Bowl (since there are no "big bowl" ties-ins left to negotiate.

That's why I will always think 4 teams is not enough... it should be 8.

Who has FSU beaten or dominated that should impress me other than an overrated UF team. Talk about dominating teams with lesser talent? Ok wake forrest.

FSU is 2-4 for their last 6 against wake forest. there is no way we are at their talent level.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

Boston college... Sucks.

NC state.... Decent

Wake...sucks

Miami...decent

Duke...sucks

Maryland...sucks

V Tech..good

I thought the same thing about the FSU Oklahoma game last year. They hyped up EJ like crazy and started the "we are back" thing and they still didnt win the ACC.