• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 SF/PF Dre'Kalo Clayton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Being seeing this guy mentioned with USF quite some time. An interesting guy since many have called him a Charles Barkley kind of player. Short for a post player(6-6) but has the weight, strength, and athletic ability to get it done on the blocks. Like Chuck, he also has expanded his game out to the perimeter.

Recent Article:

Orlando (Fla.) Evans High School wing Dre’Kalo Clayton used this summer on the AAU circuit to show potential suitors he is not the traditional post player most pegged him as.

In fact, the 6-foot-6, 245 pounder started to stretch his game out all the way to the three-point arc to cause mismatches all over the court.

“It went great this summer, I did what I wanted to do to in showing all of the college coaches I’m not just a post player anymore,†explained Clayton. “I was getting out shooting the three and handling the ball, playing more of a wing spot now rather than just posting up.â€

Admittedly having to work on his handle, Clayton’s AAU coach Reggie Oliver went more in-depth on the senior swingman’s game.

“Dre is a matchup nightmare because he can handle the ball, he can shoot the perimeter, and he makes it hard for bigs to step out and guard him,†said Oliver. “If there’s a smaller guy on him, he can post the defender up pretty easily.

“He’s more of a wing forward. The best part of his game is his overall basketball IQ, he’s like a big point guard. He knows how to direct his teammates and put them in positions to excel.â€

Currently with scholarship offers from Auburn, Georgia, UCF, Murray State, USC and Penn State, among others, Clayton is in the process of setting up some unofficial visits in the near future. The 2013 prospect says he is wide open at the moment, with no schools standing out.

“USC, Auburn, USF, I’ve been hearing a little bit from everybody to see where I stand with some of these schools,†said Clayton. “I haven’t heard too much from Penn State, they just told me how much they liked me, they’re calling me now and then.â€

With Clayton starting the school year at Evans today after spending last season at Orlando Christian Prep, Oliver talked about what he’s looking to see Clayton improve upon going forward.

“We want him to focus on his ball handling, to continuously get more comfortable with the ball in his hands, have him more of a guard’s mindset because that will really allow him to keep growing as a player.â€

http://pennstate.247...rove-game-86317

Edited by Vega

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visiting USF today along with Chris Perry.

Drekalo Clayton â€@KiddClayton24

Crazy @ USF right now

Again it sounds like the USF students did their job leading up to the USF-FSU game. Would have been really nice if the Bulls could've pulled the upset or at least had a real shot at the end.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

Spoke to the best source you can on sat night. He is def coming, just has not made it official yet.

Spoke to the best source you can on sat night. He is def coming, just has not made it official yet.

That'll be great news!!!

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

New USF commitment Chris Perry says another Bulls target, forward Dre Clayton of Orlando, may soon join him w/ Bulls: "He will be. Trust me"

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

New USF commitment Chris Perry says another Bulls target, forward Dre Clayton of Orlando, may soon join him w/ Bulls: "He will be. Trust me"

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

USF basketball target Dre Clayton of Orlando is former AAU teammate of current Bulls commitments Chris Perry and Josh Heath

2013 forward Dre Clayton says USF visit was ,great,, plans to visit UTEP, Murray State, USC before making decision."

Hmm...he better hurry up before this train leaves the station.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If we get this kid, is it the most balanced class we have ever had?

PG - check

C - check

PF - check

SF - check (Dre)

All high schoolers I believe

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If we get this kid, is it the most balanced class we have ever had?

PG - check

C - check

PF - check

SF - check (Dre)

All high schoolers I believe

Right, no JuCo or D1 transfers (yet).