• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU or Big East

FSU win or BE Championship  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

i really hate these questions. why would someone even question it at this point?

we have plenty of big wins on our resume but our MO is still to fall flat in conference play.

BIG EAST ALL DAY

Its a legitmate question because winning the big east right now is nothing special. If your talking to a recruit and they say what have you done and you say well we won the big east in 2012. Ok fantastic, but you lost to the only real national contender on your schedule? Thats not very appealing to any recruit higher than our average recruit now. and that is assuming that we play respectable in our BCS game. The real answer is we NEED to win both to see an improvement. I dont see 1 or the other helping this team tremendously outside of giving the fans more hope. To improve recruting/"tradition"/ and respectablity we NEED to win both this year

• Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

i really hate these questions. why would someone even question it at this point?

we have plenty of big wins on our resume but our MO is still to fall flat in conference play.

BIG EAST ALL DAY

Its a legitmate question because winning the big east right now is nothing special. If your talking to a recruit and they say what have you done and you say well we won the big east in 2012. Ok fantastic, but you lost to the only real national contender on your schedule? Thats not very appealing to any recruit higher than our average recruit now. and that is assuming that we play respectable in our BCS game. The real answer is we NEED to win both to see an improvement. I dont see 1 or the other helping this team tremendously outside of giving the fans more hope. To improve recruting/"tradition"/ and respectablity we NEED to win both this year

Winning the conference is always special.....it's every teams goal(or should be)!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's really simple. How many of these wins do we have? Auburn, FSU, Miami, Notre Dame, etc. How many championships of any kind do we have? Zero

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Good point about if a FSU victory is possible, surely a conference championship should be in sight.

However, I think the BE championship would be the if-I-could-have-only-one selection. I don't know

what the future of IA football is really going to be, but I don't see the BigEast/CUSA/MountainWest/Middie

conference as hanging out in the upper tier anytime soon. We'll see, but if I had to pick one...I'd take the

BE championship now.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Called into the Jack Arute show today after Arute indicated an undefeated Big East team would not play for the National Championship over a one loss SEC team. I indicated that USF would have beaten a top 10 FSU team, Miami, and Nevada, as well as having an undefeated Big East record. He said it wouldn't matter. I'll stick with my FSU win comment from earlier. No one cares about the Big East... A win over FSU is more important that winning the Big East when it comes down to it.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Sorry, Sheriff, but you're wrong. If we beat FSU and don't win the Big East everyone will same this is a typical USF team, they can win the big OOC game but fall apart down the stretch.

• Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry, Sheriff, but you're wrong. If we beat FSU and don't win the Big East everyone will same this is a typical USF team, they can win the big OOC game but fall apart down the stretch.

^^ +1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

^^ +1

End thread

• Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

^^ +1

Your assuming thats how we would lose though. What if we suffered an early loss to rutgers then at Ville and lose the Big east that way but beat FSU? Yes i guess we "coundnt finish" because we lost at louisville but thats a pretty respectable team

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

^^ +1

Your assuming thats how we would lose though. What if we suffered an early loss to rutgers then at Ville and lose the Big east that way but beat FSU? Yes i guess we "coundnt finish" because we lost at louisville but thats a pretty respectable team

If we beat FSU but didn't win the BE, odds are it would be because we fell apart somewhere .... Beating them would be great right up the point we were eliminated from the conference race.