• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Extra FSU Tickets

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Grad of both USF and FSU with lots of friends and family from both. I will be buying a whole lotta tix.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Did anyone else get their season tickets before the deadline and not get this email?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Did anyone else get their season tickets before the deadline and not get this email?

Yup. Call the ticket office.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

"Also, later this summer all season ticket holders who renew by April 30th will be able to purchase up to 4 extra tickets for USF’s historic September 29th game against Florida State prior to public sale."

Between 9:00 AM on Friday, August 10 and 5:00 PM on Monday, August 13 you will have the opportunity to request additional tickets.

Some may say it's an issue of semantics, I say that Purchase is Way different than Request.

Ahhh, but you didn't bold the "up to," did you? I can read the first sentence to imply that once they are done selling season tickets by the end of August, they will look at how many remaining seats they have. If they have enough for all the folks that renewed by the deadline to purchase 4, great. If not, maybe they allow only 2 per renewal. So they are indeed allowing you to purchase up to 4. I know, that's a stretch, but really - let's see what happens before we imply the athletic department is deceiving us.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Any idea of sales after Monday ?

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

Boomer. You can buy up to 4 beers. Translation, you CAN buy NO MORE than 4 beers.

You can request to buy 4 beers. Translation you MAY have the opportunity to buy NO MORE than 4 beers. I truly hope that you were being sarcastic.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I got an answer this morning from John Lewis.... I specifically asked if they were holding 200 or 300 level seats for us.... his reply was they didn't have specific locations.....

Translation... west 300 level for $53 a pop.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637

Boomer. You can buy up to 4 beers. Translation, you CAN buy NO MORE than 4 beers.

You can request to buy 4 beers. Translation you MAY have the opportunity to buy NO MORE than 4 beers. I truly hope that you were being sarcastic.

Yes - I said it was "a stretch."

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

I got an answer this morning from John Lewis.... I specifically asked if they were holding 200 or 300 level seats for us.... his reply was they didn't have specific locations.....

Translation... west 300 level for $53 a pop.

If so, the hits just keep on coming.

I'm not sure if the people I was going to get them for will want 300 level for $53 eaxch.

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201

In the email, they were clear that it was for season tix holders and requests will be done on a priority points basis. As you all know, the lower bowl holds about 42k people. We have roughly 25k season tix holders, 12k students, plus roughly 4k of visitor lower section. Another 1k for band and other USF VIP's. That pretty much eats up 95% of the lower bowl.

Assume that the majority of the group sales and "additional" tix will be upper level. Any prime lower level (translation unsold season tix) will go to the big USF donors.

If you are buying extra tix now for the FSU game, unless you are donating at least $1k a year (and possibly more) and have lots of priority points, the odds don't appear good to get a lower level ticket.