• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hotz talks about OCS

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I have full confidence Athletics knows exactly what they are doing. They have built our new facilities the right way. They waited until they could afford to build each facility to top-notch quality. I expect them to do the same with an OCS.

+1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

So, let's just approach them from the Bullspen with an offer of $30 million and see where it gets us. All of you in?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I'll put in my three fiddy.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

I have full confidence Athletics knows exactly what they are doing. They have built our new facilities the right way. They waited until they could afford to build each facility to top-notch quality. I expect them to do the same with an OCS.

Almost. They did give the green light without full funding of the facilities. For example, the Muma Center still needs funding to complete the hospitality lounge. The Sun Dome still needs funding to complete the Hardwood Club. Soccer took a full year before they got the scoreboard.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

BCS Bowl money could do a lot ... and the win could get us to Dallas or Atlanta for a season opener!

Go Bulls !!!

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

If we can get a $14 million per team Big East TV contract from NBC then USF Athletics would have an additional $10 million per year to finance a stadium. Donations, naming rights, increase to student fees, TV contract money, etc... can get it done. A $120 - $150 million stadium is in reach if the administration wants to make it happen.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

If we can get a $14 million per team Big East TV contract from NBC then USF Athletics would have an additional $10 million per year to finance a stadium. Donations, naming rights, increase to student fees, TV contract money, etc... can get it done. A $120 - $150 million stadium is in reach if the administration wants to make it happen.

was just about to post something like this

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Almost. They did give the green light without full funding of the facilities. For example, the Muma Center still needs funding to complete the hospitality lounge. The Sun Dome still needs funding to complete the Hardwood Club. Soccer took a full year before they got the scoreboard.

I understand what you are saying, but I was more along the lines of they didn't just build the facilities on the cheap and take on major debt like UCF did. Those are some touch up's per say.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

we also need to increase the number of students living on campus... we need to limit the total number of commuters

This is a common misbelief with schools that are seen as "commuter". Having worked at a couple other schools, on campus housing doesn't necessarily solve the problem. It's the campus and campus area environment.

Let's face it, we can build all the dorms we want, but USF seriously lacks the immediate campus environment that many schools have.

When I was in school we'd go get drinks at Tia's or Bennegins or Chili's or some other massive chain. There was the Greenery and a couple other small bars. Nothing like some of the immediate campuses in large cities like Columbus or Chicago. High street in Columbus is amazing.

I think an on campus venue could at least start building that. Not sure it will ever be like Ohio State or Northwestern, but it would improve.

Large city like Columbus, in the same sentence as Chicago???? Whaaaaaa?

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

I understand what you are saying, but I was more along the lines of they didn't just build the facilities on the cheap and take on major debt like UCF did. Those are some touch up's per say.

Yes. They are well designed, thought out, and built. No erector sets on this campus.

I know there is talk about an OCS, but I still believe that athletics has a few other projects they want done first. Renovate the Corral, practice fieldhouse (for days like these), and new tennis complex.