Hotz talks about OCS

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

definitely, but since we arent a National Championship team at the moment, we can make up for it somewhere else.

An OCS isn't going to get us into a big time conference.

Actually you're mistaken there.

An OCS will help in recruiting... don't say it won't... recruits aren't real jazzed about playing 20 minutes from campus by bus. We'll get even better talent.

Better recruits should translate to better talent and more wins.... which could open up a spot in a better conference if and when a slot opens up.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

But does it at least help?

Is UCF in the SEC yet?

Depends on who you ask lol

imo, I dont think it will help nationally, but it will def help us in building tradition, cementing a fanbase, making us seem like more of a traditional university, helping remove the commuter school tag, etc.

I think where it will help is less in the conference/winning games department, and more in the other little things that make a program special. The winning has to be done by the players, whether it is done on an NFL field, an OCS, or a Quidditch field. The most we can do is show up. I think that we can do a lot more showing up with an OCS. Look at UCF. Their gameday environment is way better than ours and their teams havent won ****. We can draw more people at 6-6 at an OCS than at RJS imho. I may be completely wrong, but this is the feeling I get. I know that personally, I would go to every single home game if they were at USF, regardless of record. If we were 2-10, I would probably skip that last game at RJS, I will be honest. It really depends on who we play and their record. If we are 2-10 heading into the Pitt game, and Pitt has the same record, yeah I doubt I will be at that game.

definitely, but since we arent a National Championship team at the moment, we can make up for it somewhere else.

An OCS will help in recruiting... don't say it won't... recruits aren't real jazzed about playing 20 minutes from campus by bus. We'll get even better talent.

Better recruits should translate to better talent and more wins.... which could open up a spot in a better conference if and when a slot opens up.

Oh yes I forgot about this. I think it will help in that regard as well. Again, speaking personally, I would rather play at the Swamp/Doak/ND Stadium/etc than at RJS. Just my personal opinion.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Oh yes I forgot about this. I think it will help in that regard as well. Again, speaking personally, I would rather play at the Swamp/Doak/ND Stadium/etc than at RJS. Just my personal opinion.

You're not alone in your thinking. RJS is nice but as it's been stated many times it's not meant for anyone but the Bucs.

I hope we hear more about the subject from USF.

• Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

That isn't the question. Obviously we aren't building a 90,000 stadium out of the gate.

The question is whether you would rather play in a tin can or RJS.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That isn't the question. Obviously we aren't building a 90,000 stadium out of the gate.

I used to be a fierce defender of RJS over tin can, however I'm leaning more toward nice tin can these days

Why does it have to be a tin can? Why cant we start with something in between RJS and Brighthouse?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Wins and conference titles bring recruits. Not OCS's.

Skip, as did Leavitt, feels that RJS is a value to recruiting over a tin can OCS. They do the recruiting. I figure they know more than me.

Do it right, or don't do it at all.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I have full confidence Athletics knows exactly what they are doing. They have built our new facilities the right way. They waited until they could afford to build each facility to top-notch quality. I expect them to do the same with an OCS.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,267
  • Days Won:  29

I have full confidence Athletics knows exactly what they are doing. They have built our new facilities the right way. They waited until they could afford to build each facility to top-notch quality. I expect them to do the same with an OCS.

Bingo !

Archived