• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boston Globe Throws out Possible NBE Commish Names

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Kevin Weiberg is the best pick out of those options. God forbid with respect to Romney becoming available in November. Go Bulls.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Have a feeling that Carparelli is going to get the nod.

Wouldn't shock me. He is a BE guy. I think we need an outsider. Don't know much about Weiberg, but being from Pac-12 might help

I sure hope that the Big East learned its lesson with Meatball Marinatto. Carpraelli seems like a good guy with a good knowledge base, but he's still part of the Providence Mafia. The conference needs new blood with experience in football. The Providence Mafia pipeline needs to be clipped just a bit.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Pick Weiberg!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

Have a feeling that Carparelli is going to get the nod.

Wouldn't shock me. He is a BE guy. I think we need an outsider. Don't know much about Weiberg, but being from Pac-12 might help

I sure hope that the Big East learned its lesson with Meatball Marinatto. Carpraelli seems like a good guy with a good knowledge base, but he's still part of the Providence Mafia. The conference needs new blood with experience in football. The Providence Mafia pipeline needs to be clipped just a bit.

This x 1000. New blood is needed. new directions and aspirations are needed at this crucial juncture.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Although Lynch would be a nice pick, I agree with the Weiberg selection.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/dennis-dodd/19761777/former-patriots-general-counsel-in-big-east-commissioner-mix

Former Patriots general counsel in Big East commissioner mix

By Dennis Dodd | Senior College Football Columnist August 9, 2012 12:28 pm ET

Former New England Patriots general counsel Jack Mula has surfaced as a candidate for the Big East commissioner vacancy, CBSSports.com has learned.

The 55-year old Mula met with the conference's search firm Russell Reynolds last week in New York. The process is expected to speed up as the conference intends to have a replacement for John Marinatto by the end of the month according to reports.

Mula's name is new, publicly, to the list of candidates along with that of Tim Brosnan, Major League Baseball's executive vice president, business. Two sources told CBSSports.com that Brosnan's name had at least been mentioned. But there is doubt whether Brosnan would leave a high-ranking position at MLB to take over the sometimes-shaky Big East.

For now, Mula is the only candidate known to have met with the search firm, Russell Reynolds Associates, an executive search firm with offices in 40 cities worldwide.

Mula worked for the Patriots from 1998-2009 reporting directly to owner Robert Kraft and coach Bill Belichick. He currently is a partner with Cornerstone Sports Consulting, an East-Coast firm headed by former Washington Redskins vice president of football operations Joe Mendes. Cornerstone calls itself a one-of-a-kind operation that deals in agent education and agent searches for players.

It counts among its clients half of the SEC including defending national champion Alabama.

Mula was with the Patriots during three Super Bowl-winning seasons. His bio says he negotiated with Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour. Before joining New England, Mula was a player agent who worked with Doug Flutie, Priest Holmes and Rocket Ismail.

The Big East is eagerly awaiting TV negotiations to boost its profile and provide stability. ESPN enters a 60-day exclusive negotiating window Sept. 1 with the conference. Industry experts are split on how much the Big East will be able to cash in with its newly configured lineup. A New York Daily News report suggested that conference schools could make more than $10 million per year in a new deal. They currently make $4 million per year after turning down a $1.17 billion ESPN offer in 2011 that would have paid full members (football and basketball) $13.8 million per year.

The Big East basketball deal expires after the 2012-13 season. The football contract lasts through 2013-14. The chase for those TV bucks has caused radical realignment that caused the Big East to radically change its lineup.

By 2015, there will 21 schools (at least) with some sort of Big East affiliation. There will be 12 football-playing schools in the 2013 and 2014 seasons. Navy joins in 2015 meaning there may be another spot open to bring the football lineup to 14. By that year, there will 18 schools playing Big East basketball.

One industry source said this week that even with the addition of Boise State in football only – now considered a Big East lynchpin – a Big East deal would be worth no more than $70 million per year. CBSSports.com reported in May that the league could get as little as $50 million per year after the defections of West Virginia, Syracuse, Pittsburgh and TCU.

CBSSports.com also reported on Wednesday the Big East's interest in Pac-12 deputy commissioner Kevin Weiberg. Also in the mix are Big East senior associate commissioner Nick Carparelli and associate commissioner Tom Odjakjian.

Sports TV consultant Chris Bevilacqua is not believed to have interest in the job.

The league, down to five finalists, hopes to have a new commissioner in place by the end of the month.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

Interesting.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Mitt Romney will be available in mid-Novermber...

:roflmao:

He is a guy who is just a natural born success. Everything he gets involved in, he is successful. This is a guy who won the Governorship of MA as a Republican. That doesn't even seem possible, but he did it. He also saved the Salt Lake City Olympics. He is a terrific businessman too.

Saying that, I think I would rather him be the POTUS and let Wiberg do his thing in the BE.

Except for the fact that Mittens ties animals to the roof of his car and pays no taxes.

Well at least he doesn't eat dog. I have good sources that say President Obama has White House staffers go to the kennels every day to find tasty morsels for himself. My source is reputable and I can't tell you who it is, but I think it is up to President Obama to release all the White House meal logs to prove me wrong. After all, we all know you're guilty until proven innocent, at least that's what my buddy Harry Reid told me.

Anyways, Weiberg please.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

gotta have a TV background