• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Title Game ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

If it is not campus, it will be a public embarrassment for the Big East.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

best conference record hosts, campus site.

Why not alternate between the divisions? It seems like it will be done East-West, so the winner of the west hosts one year, then the winner of the east hosts the next,

Or maybe try something different. Which ever division has the better record against the other division that year should host.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

Hi again all. My $.02 here is that there is no more so an advantage to a norhern school hosting a game than a souther school. The heat and humidity even in December is so vastly different that it will have an effect. That being said, I hope we go with a non-traditional conference alignment that allows BSU to come to USF or (ack) UCF everyother year, the same with Texas. While I know that Florida is rich in talent (recruiting wise) Texas is staggering not just in talent but how these kids are prepared to play right away. Add to that, for you guys, exposure in the California market can't be a bad thing either.

As a BSU fan, I'd wholly support the Championship game on campus with certain criteria in place. First, BSU has a small stadium, but its growing as fast as we can gather the money for it. We just added some bleacheer seating in the endzones to get us to a little over 38k. A new football training/meeting/academic center is being built and should be ready by the start of next season. After that is completed, further expansion of seats around the new building will commence. BSU's long term goal is to get to about 50k. Because of the small size and success of our team over the past number years, we have no trouble filling seats (unless the weather is horrid).

Currently, visiting teams get 2k seats as their "visitors allotment." That obviously is not going to be an acceptable number for fan for a championship game. I would think that a certain percentage of tickets based on capacity would have to be made available to the other school to be viable. By using a percentage, it would be as fair as anything I've seen discussed.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Outrunner, that try something different idea is brilliant. Except it would take the big East leadership to understand how brilliant it is.

Never gonna happen

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Winner hosts and visitor gets half the tix. On Thursday before game, home team can purchase balance.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

...a superb facility to a national television audience...â€

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Neutral site championship? UCOnn sold 4,000 tickets for a BCS Bowl. The big East would look worse than the ACC if they attempted that. Campus sites is the way to go.

Campus sites are Bush League. It will be perceived as such by college football fans and the media. Don't be afraid of attendance, the SEC and Big Ten aren't.

The Pac10 does campus sites.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Neutral site championship? UCOnn sold 4,000 tickets for a BCS Bowl. The big East would look worse than the ACC if they attempted that. Campus sites is the way to go.

Campus sites are Bush League. It will be perceived as such by college football fans and the media. Don't be afraid of attendance, the SEC and Big Ten aren't.

The SEC and Big 10 don't have to be afraid ... 15 to 20,000 fans (IF we're lucky) in an 80,000 will take Bush League to a new level.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

There are of course reasons not to have a championship game. It may be even more true now with national championship playoffs since conference champions do not have an automatic bid. I think that scenero #3 is worse, what if the #2 Big East seed beats number one in the championship game, a team who had a chance for the playoffs, but #2 has none? Then the Big East loses its shot at a national title.

If the #1 BE team couldn't beat the #2 BE team, odds are they wouldn't have had much of a chance in the playoff. If you're not going to play all the teams in your conference, I don't have a problem with a CCG, mainly because the all the CCG's will be a like a first round of the playoffs .... until 2 undefeated SEC teams go into their CG, it's a real close game and the brainwashed knuckleheads on the selection committee think both teams should go to the playoff.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

There are of course reasons not to have a championship game. It may be even more true now with national championship playoffs since conference champions do not have an automatic bid. I think that scenero #3 is worse, what if the #2 Big East seed beats number one in the championship game, a team who had a chance for the playoffs, but #2 has none? Then the Big East loses its shot at a national title.

If the #1 BE team couldn't beat the #2 BE team, odds are they wouldn't have had much of a chance in the playoff. If you're not going to play all the teams in your conference, I don't have a problem with a CCG, mainly because the all the CCG's will be a like a first round of the playoffs .... until 2 undefeated SEC teams go into their CG, it's a real close game and the brainwashed knuckleheads on the selection committee think both teams should go to the playoff.

After being a Bulls fan if its one thing I learned is that its that a perceived lessor team can beat a perceived better team. A #4 ranked undefeated BE team could lose on the last play of the game to a #23 BE team. That would be enough to drop it out of going to the championship playoffs even though they MAY have done well. Who thought USF would go as far as it did in the NCAA Tournament last year?