• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting: UCF gaining ground on USF in the bay area?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

This is my count.....I could be wrong.

USF

Tampa Area Offers: 32

Tampa Area Commits: 4

UCF

Tampa Area Offers: 18

Tampa Area Commits: 6

I noted that there was no mention of C-USA in the piece. Interesting. Both schools should do well in all of the Tampa/Orlando corridor. More places to keep local athletes "home". I am all for it.

Edited by footnfan1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

From today's Tampa Bay Times:

USF leads the way

Message board chatter has criticized USF for not recruiting Tampa Bay hard enough. The numbers suggest otherwise.

The Bulls have offered 32 area recruits. That's eight more than the No. 2 team (Florida Atlantic), 18 more than anyone else in the Big East and 14 more than UCF.

State school offers

USF 32

Florida Atlantic 24

UCF 18

Florida International 15

Florida State 14

Miami 12

Florida 9

Bethune-Cookman 6

Florida A&M 4

I wonder what message board they are speaking of. So to all of you that whine like little girls about us not recruiting our area, please stop. I'm sure the next response will be, but we don't "land" many of them. That's what happens when you aren't sitting at the adult table at Thanksgiving. It won't change until you become an adult.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

USF leads the way

Message board chatter has criticized USF for not recruiting Tampa Bay hard enough. The numbers suggest otherwise.

The Bulls have offered 32 area recruits. That's eight more than the No. 2 team (Florida Atlantic), 18 more than anyone else in the Big East and 14 more than UCF.

State school offers

USF 32

Florida Atlantic 24

UCF 18

Florida International 15

Florida State 14

Miami 12

Florida 9

Bethune-Cookman 6

Florida A&M 4

I wonder what message board they are speaking of. So to all of you that whine like little girls about us not recruiting our area, please stop. I'm sure the next response will be, but we don't "land" many of them. That's what happens when you aren't sitting at the adult table at Thanksgiving. It won't change until you become an adult.

Message Board Chatter= A bunch of little Nancies who come on TBP and Whine about how the punter only averaged 43 YPK last year.Grow a Pair. I'm am with CR so much on this one. So sick, of the whining, moaning and negative comments from all the Spazza clones.Steve is an idiot, what's you excuse?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF leads the way

State school offers

USF 32

Florida Atlantic 24

UCF 18

Florida International 15

Florida State 14

Miami 12

Florida 9

Bethune-Cookman 6

Florida A&M 4

Message Board Chatter= A bunch of little Nancies who come on TBP and Whine about how the punter only averaged 43 YPK last year.Grow a Pair. I'm am with CR so much on this one. So sick, of the whining, moaning and negative comments from all the Spazza clones.Steve is an idiot, what's you excuse?

I think Ricky was referring to a pretty long thread on HERE within the last couple of months, which was started by a poster who claimed we aren't offering enough local players. I'm too lazy to search for the link. I'm sure someone else can find it, if they looked.

The other point he made, I believe relates to the Big East conference, since we joined. Clearly, if we had been invited to the ACC back then, we would have been a more attractive option to top local players. The Big East as a whole has just not been able to land many of the elite players from around the country

I posted this in a thread on the recruiting board, but figured I should also post it here.

Today, 247 put out a list of "composite" recruiting rankings. That is the average ranking of the major recruiting services (Scout, Rivals, ESPN & 247) for each player.

On the composite ranking, USF is currently #39 and UCF #61.

Only Rutgers is ahead of USF in the Big East at #36.

http://247sports.com/Team/Ranking/2013/Football

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Now that is a positive post, thanks Mama

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Only 9 spots behind Miami on 24/7.

Rivals has UCF at 46th and USF tied for 57th with Wake Forest.

Only 9 spots behind Miami on 24/7.

Rivals has UCF at 46th and USF tied for 57th with Wake Forest.

Rivals has yet to include Threatt a 3 star 5.6. I e-mailed them a couple of days ago, but they have still not updated him as a USF verbal. FYI, we beat out Georgia and UCF among others for him. LOL

BTW, The hammer comes down on UCF tomorrow.

Bulls247 â€@Bulls247

RT @danwolken: Can't wait to see this UCF report. Should be interesting. Multiple sports, athletic director involvement. Could be ugly.

10:09 AM - 30 Jul 12 via HootSuite · Details

Should be interesting to see how many recruits they end up keeping, after tomorrow.

Charles Robinson

@CharlesRobinson

I'm the senior investigative reporter for Yahoo! Sports. Opinions vary.

Chicago, IL · http://sports.yahoo.com/top/expertsarchive?author=Charles+Robinson

Charles Robinson â€@CharlesRobinson

NCAA will reveal the Central Florida football and basketball sanctions Tuesday. It won't be pleasant.

10:20 AM - 30 Jul 12 via Twittelator Neue ·

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Does he know what they are? How does he know they wont be pleasant?