• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting: UCF gaining ground on USF in the bay area?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Does he know what they are? How does he know they wont be pleasant?

How could it ever be pleasant? LOL

noted for asking a stupid question lol. I meant how unpleasant really. As in losing 5 scholarships a year for 2 years? Or 10 scholarships for 5 years? I meant to what degree. A 1 year postseason ban? Or 3 years?

I really haven't followed it all that closely. I know the BB violations seemed to be worse.

FWIW, here is what long time UCF poster Goldebuc had to say here on the Florida board today:

"I don't think it'll be just the self-imposed...but I just think the brunt will be on the basketball end and they'll probably get a post season ban for a year or two, along with maybe another year probation or another year of a scholly removal. That's pretty rough. Everyone else wants to see the death penalty or something."

Golden is a bit delusional. The football program was already on probation when the latest sanctions hit them. The fact that their AD was knowingly committing violations for the football program is not going to be good for them.

I'm not delusional. Just going by what we've heard. The self-imposed penalties were the max recommended by the guy who did the internal investigation that used to work for the NCAA. UCF went with the max, there and complied with everything the NCAA asked for. Many don't think UCF will be blindsided.. The NCAA however has not leaked any info and has been known to do their own thing, so there's a ton to be concerned about still.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

RT @GoodmanCBS: Central Florida hit with a one-year bowl ban in football & a one-year postseason ban in men's bball, source told @CBSSports.

Retweeted by Greg Auman

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

RT @GoodmanCBS: Central Florida hit with a one-year bowl ban in football & a one-year postseason ban in men's bball, source told @CBSSports.

Retweeted by Greg Auman

I was right about one thing. The NCAA will do what it wants.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

As much as the UCF haters will enjoy seeing them get hit, the one good thing about this is it's in effect for this year from what I understand. So no bowl in 2012 and no dancing in march of 2013. so UCF will not be on bowl/postseason ban when they enter the Big East July 1, 2013...unless they **** up some more. They might be on probation still, but it won't affect their recruiting too much, which is good for the Big East - we need the teams to stay strong as they can.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Glad they wont be under these sanctions when they arrive in the Big East. We need them and everyone else at their best.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Glad they wont be under these sanctions when they arrive in the Big East. We need them and everyone else at their best.

Disagree, I'd be happy if they went winless forever. :FIREdevil: