• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McMurphy to ESPN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

McMurphy is a solid reporter. Why so much hate on TBP?

I'm not sure what kind of personality he has to be appearing on air, but he is a solid writer. The man can scoop a good story.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Serious question, and very OT, but, outside of CFB, what is it that you guys hate about ESPN?

They have the best on air personalities throughout the major sports world whether it's NFL, NBA or MLB and their CBB coverage is unprecedented.

They have been clearly biased against the BE, but outside of that I don't have a problem at all with ESPN.

Well, I could go on forever but how about No. 1 issue which is unrelated to USF : If it isn't the Yankees or the Red Sox, ESECPN does not give a ****. MLB channel is much better, if you like baseball.

It's all about ratings for espn and I'm sure they are doing pretty well. What do you expect them to talk about the Rays on a nationwide network? No one locally even cares. Same goes for a lot of other markets which get no play.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084

Good for bMm, I knew he was too good to be here

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

During slapgate I was a huge McMurphy detractor, but the guy is solid. He doesn't hate on USF he just called us out. Guy's a legit writer. I'm happy for him.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Serious question, and very OT, but, outside of CFB, what is it that you guys hate about ESPN?

They have the best on air personalities throughout the major sports world whether it's NFL, NBA or MLB and their CBB coverage is unprecedented.

They have been clearly biased against the BE, but outside of that I don't have a problem at all with ESPN.

Should be about the sports and not the personalities.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Should be about the sports and not the personalities.

Why? I don't want to watch a dull boring person on air, no matter how knowledgable.

The only thing that pisses me off big time about ESPN is, that they pick one thing up and just cram it into your skull for days. Tebow, Lin, LeBron etc..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I don't watch the NBA network but the MLB and NHL networks kick ESPN's ass when it comes to information/coverage. I don't get the NFL Network but considering the hacks they have on ESPN, led by that assclown, Berman, there's no doubt that it's better.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

NFL network is pretty sweet.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

During slapgate I was a huge McMurphy detractor, but the guy is solid. He doesn't hate on USF he just called us out. Guy's a legit writer. I'm happy for him.

Pretty much this for me, too.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

Well, I could go on forever but how about No. 1 issue which is unrelated to USF : If it isn't the Yankees or the Red Sox, ESECPN does not give a ****. MLB channel is much better, if you like baseball.

It's all about ratings for espn and I'm sure they are doing pretty well. What do you expect them to talk about the Rays on a nationwide network? No one locally even cares. Same goes for a lot of other markets which get no play.

Did I mention "Rays"? I think not. Although, there have been a couple of years that the Rays merited national coverage as a surprise team. Usually, when they are beating the Yankees and Red Sox, ESPN announcers are whining that the manager for their favorite teams made the wrong move or that they did not pick up enough guys before the trading deadline. It is hilarious that the Rays have been competitive with a payroll that probably would not field either of ESPN's teams with the mimimum of 9 guys.

Anyway, 2 years ago, you heard very little about the Giants and whoa, then all of a sudden they were the champs. The Texas Rangers are one of the best hitting teams, yet barely seem to get mentioned. The hype has gotten so bad that when that highlight of Carlton Fisk hitting a homerun comes on, I ask people young and old who they think won that series. Most say Boston not Cincinnati. MLB seems to give fair coverage to every team.

I have seen a lot of empty seats in some of the Yankees games for the first time since the '70's, btw. While they have a huge following, even their fans cannot always afford to go these days.

Since Bruce is a NY guy, I have to say I do think that the Yankees merit most coverage since they have been the best team overall in the history of baseball. That is not my issue. It is just that most teams seem to get totally shut out over this NY, Boston lovefest. When Cincinnati was the Big Red Machine, people knew about it. It was not something hidden away or dismissed as unimportant until you had to deal with it in the playoffs.

Edited by Mission9