• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bilas as BE Commish?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Shoot, get Roger Goodell for 5 years with that money. He'll kick butt and take names.

everyone would be suspended and fined by week 3... lol

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

At this point, does it even matter who the commissioner is?

I'm not picking on you individually, but this seems to be a prevalent theme. I'm wondering why the negativity? Do USF grads wander around aimlessly, the dregs of society? Woe is me, how do I compete with FSU grad or UF grad? What is the point of competing with Yale grad?

Let's have some self-respect, sell what we have to offer and continue to improve ourselves. We are the Big East, not a group of pathetic losers. Be proud, and don't tell the world we are the Three Stooges. Losers do that.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Bilas would be the best thing the Big East could hope for. Football is finished in the Big East and there isn't a lot of improvement that can be done, it is what it is. The Big East had it's respect national because of a basketball. It was a basketball league and should have always considered basketball whenever they tried to force their way into being more relevant in football. Rick Pitino has been right all along about what the Big East should have been doing.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Agree Data, Too much gloom and doom by our own fans.

BE is as good or better than it was with the additions and defections. The future coul dbe very bright if its done right. We have qualtiy programs coming in (Boise) Large TV markets in Houston, SD, Philly, ect... We will finally have a FB Championship game. This is the perfect time for the BE to make a splash and do something big.

Those with the doom and gloom have bought into the ESPN Bias and havent really looked at the Bigger picture.

We need a Commish to negoatiate a TV deal( with or without ESPN), we need to have our bowls negoatiated, we need to have a voice in the Playoff money disturubition.

We could sit back like these whinners and let the world pass us by, or we can stand up and get right in the middle of it.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Bilas would be the best thing the Big East could hope for. Football is finished in the Big East and there isn't a lot of improvement that can be done, it is what it is. The Big East had it's respect national because of a basketball. It was a basketball league and should have always considered basketball whenever they tried to force their way into being more relevant in football. Rick Pitino has been right all along about what the Big East should have been doing.

Respect your point, but I disagree with literally everything you said.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

At this point, does it even matter who the commissioner is?

I'm not picking on you individually, but this seems to be a prevalent theme. I'm wondering why the negativity? Do USF grads wander around aimlessly, the dregs of society? Woe is me, how do I compete with FSU grad or UF grad? What is the point of competing with Yale grad?

Let's have some self-respect, sell what we have to offer and continue to improve ourselves. We are the Big East, not a group of pathetic losers. Be proud, and don't tell the world we are the Three Stooges. Losers do that.

Not trying to be negative. I just think that the key to fixing the Big East image lies in the performance of the teams, not in who our commissioner is.

I'm one who constantly speaks to the successes of our school. We have a football program that has sky-rocketed to their current position in the world of college football. Several of our olympic sports are amongst the best in the nation. Our facilities are becoming state-of-the-art for all sports. I'm proud of what our athletics department has accomplished.

On the topic of academics, we are a young university. Much like the football program, USF has quickly risen to its position in the world. When I go back to school, I am going to continue my studies at USF. I have the opportunity to attend schools that are ranked higher in my field, but I have completely bought in to what is happening on Fowler. If USF continues down the path that I currently see it on, it will be known as an elite public institution in the not so distant future. I plan on doing my part to assist with that vision.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

USF and Boise need to step up and dominate the Big East the way FSU and UM do the ACC, or Texas and Oklahoma do in the B12, etc

We need two Top 10 teams, plus another 2 in the top 25 - every year. That'll shut down the negatoryness.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

i'd shoot myself if bilas was commish...

it absolutely HAS TO BE a football guy

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Respect your point, but I disagree with literally everything you said.

I think it's pretty accurate, except for "Football is finished in the Big East". It's not finished, but it's got a helluva long way to go match the perception of the Big 5. Any prestige this conference has at this point is in basketball.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

I think football has a bright future if we can actually this whole 'national conference' thing work...

we need to add BYU...

The schools that are coming into the fold are better than two of the ones exiting (pitt and cuse are trash). WVU and Boise are equals but i'd rather have WVU.