• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2012 SG(4*) Melvin Johnson back on the market

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Guys, you don't have to believe what I'm saying, but USF isn't pursuing him.

Not smart, IMO. But, oh well.

IF that's the case it would be asinine for USF not to pursue Johnson unless there is something other then supposedly, "being stacked at guard," that we don't know about. There aren't many highly touted shooters available for a school like USF to have a chance at getting.

When this first came out I went to the Miami board to see what they were saying. It seems that he didn't show up for summer school as promised and the BB coach was really pissed off. Perhaps, Heath doesn't want to deal with that.

As usual, I'm assuming the people paid to make these decisions have a ton more info at their disposal than anybody else and will make the decisions they think best for the program ...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

When this first came out I went to the Miami board to see what they were saying. It seems that he didn't show up for summer school as promised and the BB coach was really pissed off. Perhaps, Heath doesn't want to deal with that.

Larranaga and Heath are friends, it's entirely plausible that Larranaga was straight up with Heath in explaining what prompted Johnson's departure from the U. I think you may be right, Mama, in Heath not wanting to deal with that.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

In any event, we are still being named among his favorites, at this point.

Zach Braziller â€@NYPost_Brazille

Former Miami commit Melvin Johnson will visit VCU tomorrow, per his mom. Memphis, St. John's, South Florida, Dayton also involved #boyshoops

9:01 AM - 17 Jul 12 via UberSocial for BlackBerry · Details

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Larranaga and Heath are friends, it's entirely plausible that Larranaga was straight up with Heath in explaining what prompted Johnson's departure from the U. I think you may be right, Mama, in Heath not wanting to deal with that.

From what I understand Johnson didn't get cleared by the NCAA until late after having some academic issues. He never enrolled in school but no where is there a hint of anything else. I think Johnson had some 2nd thoughts about going to Miami which eventually led to him gaining his release. That's the common thing nowadays with kids just changing there minds. People questioned Johnson's decision to commit to Miami in the first place.

In any event, we are still being named among his favorites, at this point.

Zach Braziller â€@NYPost_Brazille

Former Miami commit Melvin Johnson will visit VCU tomorrow, per his mom. Memphis, St. John's, South Florida, Dayton also involved #boyshoops

9:01 AM - 17 Jul 12 via UberSocial for BlackBerry · Details

It's either VCU or a Big East school.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Tough not to believe Greg. But I'm trying.

Committed to VCU. Good for him because the Rams have a great HC and play an exciting brand of ball. Good for USF because Johnson doesn't end up at Marquette or some other Big East School.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Guys, you don't have to believe what I'm saying, but USF isn't pursuing him.

Not smart, IMO. But, oh well.

IF that's the case it would be asinine for USF not to pursue Johnson unless there is something other then supposedly, "being stacked at guard," that we don't know about. There aren't many highly touted shooters available for a school like USF to have a chance at getting.

If he needed grades and didn't go to Summer School, might be academically ineligble. Would make sense for why USF isn't pursuing him.