• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sundome Failure?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Opening jitters, it will be worked out soon enough.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

The Fresh Music Festival was supposed to make it's next stop in Jacksonville on July 13, but.....

Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

The Fresh Music Festival has been canceled by the promoter. Refunds are available at the point of purchase.

Maybe it wasn't the Sun Dome, maybe its the tour that's having some problems.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

http://www.usforacle.com/news/sun-dome-accused-of-poor-acoustics-defends-renovations-1.2747364#.UAA-9fXpWSo

Merritt said that the majority of equipment seen by concertgoers belongs to the tour and is operated by technicians on sound and lighting boards. Merritt said the sound technicians at the July 7 event were not the usual technicians the tour had used at previous events.

Looks more and more like it's the tours fault, not ours.

Not only that, but after they canceled the Jacksonville show, they canceled the Mobile show as well, and then followed up by cancelling the remainder of the tour citing "low ticket sales". What a joke of a tour.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

http://www.usforacle...64#.UAA-9fXpWSo

Merritt said that the majority of equipment seen by concertgoers belongs to the tour and is operated by technicians on sound and lighting boards. Merritt said the sound technicians at the July 7 event were not the usual technicians the tour had used at previous events.

Looks more and more like it's the tours fault, not ours.

Not only that, but after they canceled the Jacksonville show, they canceled the Mobile show as well, and then followed up by cancelling the remainder of the tour citing "low ticket sales".

Maybe they were so depressed at the way the SunDome made them sound that it scarred them, emotionally, into inactivity ... You know how temperamental performers can be.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I couldn't care less how the Sun Dome sounds during a concert. How will it sound during a basketball game is what I want to know. Oh wait, I don't care about that either, evidently, this just in, you don't need a sound system to play a game of basketball.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I couldn't care less how the Sun Dome sounds during a concert. How will it sound during a basketball game is what I want to know. Oh wait, I don't care about that either, evidently, this just in, you don't need a sound system to play a game of basketball.

The "sound system" for basketball is loud fans!!

Let's dispel the burial ground once and for all, and make the Sun Dome homecourt advantage legendary!

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I blame it on the kind of music, not the Sun Dome. If it was Yes....then I am sure it would have sounded awesome. Was anyone else at this concert??

$(KGrHqF,!oME-9lSRgEsBP5-YRisYw~~60_12.JPG

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I've never been to a concert in an arena with good sound unless you sit face level with the speaker system. If you are up high, you are going to hear some sound bouncing back at you.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I blame it on the kind of music, not the Sun Dome. If it was Yes....then I am sure it would have sounded awesome. Was anyone else at this concert??

$(KGrHqF,!oME-9lSRgEsBP5-YRisYw~~60_12.JPG

My absolute favorite group growing up. I think that I wore out both my "Close to the Edge" and "Relayer" albums. Unfortunately, I didn't make this concert.