• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

@CL14_: on the campus of THE University of South Florida ! #USF

I think we get this kid and he comes in here and does some recruiting for us in the bay area.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

a commitment now would be good

bigger offers may come later which is why now is the time.

Don't know why big schools haven't made official offers to him... i think one or two will come.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

This kid seems like he has been all about USF for a very long time and at this point, unless some other big fish commits to USF before he can (e.g. Michael O'Connor) I would be very surprised if Litton went to some other school.

There are several things I like about him on tape. One of the things I like about him that isn't tape related is that Skip Holtz & Co. were all over the guy, and that interest never backed off when Willie Taggart & Co. took over. In fact, he's got an offer from Western Kentucky and I'm not sure if that's just coincidental because Bobby Petrino likes the guy, or if Chase was a guy they had been checking out under Willie Taggart prior to his leaving and that's how Litton ended up in the system up there. Probably the latter, but the fact that on May 6th Petrino went ahead and laid down an official offer tells me that Petrino also likes him. That's a good thing, not a bad thing.

One thing I like about him is I think there's some athletic ability to him that maybe isn't used as much on tape at the high school level but could be explored more at the college level. I've watched several of his basketball videos on YouTube and there's definitely a smooth, coordinated and balanced athlete hiding inside that tall, pro style pocket passer.

I haven't really wanted to talk about it on the board because I know he's making his decision soon and the last thing I want to do is write something that he ends up looking at on a message board and taking offense to, but I just don't think I understand the clamor over Michael O'Connor. I'm not sure why he's ranked 3rd at his position. Of the quarterbacks that I've seen supposedly in play for the Bulls, Tyler Harris is my favorite but Chase Litton is probably second and I would take him over Michael O'Connor.

Oh and one more thing, I would be mildly surprised if he didn't get an invite to the Elite 11 finals.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,663
  • Days Won:  424

a commitment now would be good

bigger offers may come later which is why now is the time.

Don't know why big schools haven't made official offers to him... i think one or two will come.

A commitment now would be good but, as we've seen, nothing is guaranteed ... especially at this position and if bigger offers come in later ... as a reminder:

• June 15, 2012
    • 1_4596.gif
    Commitment:

_______ ______ recommits to South Florida Bulls

I don't think I need to fill in the blanks.

Not sure I really agree with comparisons unless you think Willie Taggart is going to be fired next year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,663
  • Days Won:  424

Not sure I really agree with comparisons unless you think Willie Taggart is going to be fired next year.

That is really a big difference ... but it will still be a long way to February.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I'm pretty sure elite 11 invites are out

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

"  Chase Litton, Wharton (Fla.) High School: Litton has many tools, including a big arm, but can be quite erratic. Will he improve his footwork and accuracy the second time around? If he does, he can be the best QB on the field.  "