• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know that much about the recruiting calendar. Would it be unusual for a guy like him to commit to USF so early?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

It would be a little early, but it's not out of the question. I fully expect him to commit somewhere (hopefully here) by the end of the summer.

QBs tend to commit a little bit sooner than some positions though, so I would guess we will here something in May or early June.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Chase Littonâ€@CL14_1h

This Is BullsCountry !! #USF

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If Chase comes on board the floodgates will open. If he wants to lead a program, the time to announce it is soon, so he can get everyone in to help. Lot of admiration for this young man. I think he is a leader.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Well, here's to hoping for the best because I like this guy.

Just saw you get a shout out from my man Omar Kelly. Love your quick review of the Clabo pick up.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Just saw you get a shout out from my man Omar Kelly. Love your quick review of the Clabo pick up.

Thanks. Omar and I go back a little bit, though indirectly. He works for the South Florida Sun Sentinel and I wrote for the Sentinel on Dave Hyde's blog/column as sort of a guest writer on the draft.

Chase has a brother who is recent USF Grad. Also one at UF

Litton Preparing for Busy Spring

With Team Tampa locked in a mid-morning battle against Unsigned Preps on the second day of the IMG Regional 7-on-7 tournament, quarterback Chase Litton (Tampa, Fla./Wharton) found himself in a position that he had been waiting for.

Trailing late in the contest, Litton led Team Tampa for a touchdown and a defensive stop clinched the 20-17 victory. Later in the day Litton hit Jocqui Ellison (St. Petersburg, Fla./Lakewood) to beat Unsigned Preps a second time, 22-15, in overtime.

Things weren’t perfect for Litton last Sunday, but the 6-foot-6, 190-pound junior needed to prove to his teammates he could hold up under pressure. He needed to prove it to himself after skipping out on the team last year due to frustration over his role.

“It was pure immaturity on my part and I’m really thankful that these guys gave me a second chance,†Litton said. “I can tell everyone I’ve changed and I’m a different guy but until it doesn’t mean anything until people see it for themselves.

“I’ve made mistakes, I’m not perfect but I’m trying hard to right a lot of the wrongs and I’m thankful to anyone that has given me that opportunity.â€

This week Litton will enter spring practice with a lot of positive momentum. He performed well at the Atlanta Elite 11 competition and recently added an offer from Florida International to go along with LSU, USF and Western Michigan. He took a visit to Vanderbilt during the spring as well.

“I really loved it there, it was a nice visit and I had a good time with coach [James] Franklin and the coaching staff,†Litton added.

Unfortunately for Litton during his visit quarterback Elijah Staley (Marietta, Ga./Wheeler) committed to the Commodores, giving the program two quarterbacks in its recruiting class.

“It happened while I was talking to coach Franklin actually,†Litton said laughing. “Talk about timing. What could I do about that? I still think they are looking at me pretty hard so let’s see what happens.â€

Litton is also hearing from Georgia and is interested in going to camps at Georgia and Florida over the summer.

“I’m just going to go out there and try to perform and see what happens,†Litton added. “It’s all about competition for me right now. I worked with the best talent in Florida in the past couple of months and now I’m ready for whatever comes my way

http://www.fuelrecruiting.com/litton-preparing-for-busy-spring

Edited by Bullwinkle
  • Upvote 1

Chase don't tease me.

#USF is smart .. 15 letters to my momma https://twitter.com/CL14_/status/332995889381662721/photo/1

Edited by Bullwinkle
  • Upvote 1