• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

this could be an issue if UF does offer.....

Chase Littonâ€@CL14_3h

I'm gonna miss my brother .. Gator Country has him now ! #UF Proud of u bro !

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Only if he wants to ride the bench for 3 years. Their QB is a freshman.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406

Driskel will be a JR. this year. They do have a commit from Will Grier, #2 qb this year (I believe). However you have to think that after losing their backup they would take 2.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Thought Driskel was a FR, my fault on that.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bring him aboard

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247

I go to the gator boards frequently and they say they aren't bringing in any more qb's this class. Once Grier gets on campus they will have 5 schollie qb's

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

The big competition for Litton I think will be LSU because they've been on him early and they of course play in the SEC. If they convince him he's got a valid shot at being their starter...that could be tough to sell him out of that. Mettenberger will be gone after this year. Stephon Rivers wasn't a high recruit at all. The main guy Litton would probably be competing with would be Hayden Rettig. That said, Rettig is a significant recruit. Litton may well decide that LSU likes Rettig too much for him to be comfortable he'd have a legit shot.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

He's not going to LSU with (Hayden Rettig #17 QB-PP) and (Anthony Jennings #8 QB-DT) coming in last recruiting class. We have been showing him a lot of love and I think we have a good shot at him unless his recruitment heats up.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193

I go to the gator boards frequently and they say they aren't bringing in any more qb's this class. Once Grier gets on campus they will have 5 schollie qb's

I highly doubt that UF wouldn't offer this guy, even with 5 QBs on the roster.  I've never seen Chase play, but from everything I've read his the best QB prospect in the Tampa area by FAR, maybe ckparrothead could let me know if I'm right or even close to be right on that statement.  I'm willing to bet that UF at least gauges his interest, plus it would be real easy for them to let one of the current QBs know that the chances of them seeing the field are slim to none and slim just left town, just like Steven Bench (possible PSU transfer QB) was told by the PSU staff.  There are plenty of guys that go to school to play a certain position and they end up at another, be it for a better shot a playing time or just team needs.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I can't tell you whether he's the best in Tampa.

He's a pretty good prospect. He showed some immaturity a year ago leaving TeamTampa because he was unhappy with his role on the team but he seems to have grown up a little since then. On the field there are some interesting trait similarities to Peyton Manning although you can't really say that he's a Peyton Manning unless he's got Peyton's gift for hard work and natural understanding of the game.

He's a good prospect. He plays basketball and makes some athletic plays on the court. Based on how he looks it doesn't surprise me LSU has been onto him for a while. But it also doesn't shock me that he doesn't have every big school in the country swooping down on him and eating him alive either. He's somewhere in between, for now. I'm anxious to see him play more in 2013.