• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Robert Davis falling in love with USF, waiting to be loved back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

If he was really considering coming here, wouldn't he have taken an official OV this weekend. He has 2-3 open official OV's to take and he could have joined his buddy Travis on this visit, but he didn't. Plus he hasn't really tweeted about USF in about three weeks. IMO, there is no way this kid is coming here. I think he already "unofficially" committed to Memphis.

Memphis over USF?  Hard to believe, and I'm surprised others aren't chasing him. The only knock is size, and it looks like he played some pretty bad teams, based on his highlight reel. Lots of undersized arm tacklers.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Rumored that Davis may have been here this weekend and appears now he got a commitable offer.

Carrollwood Day's Robert Davis, Hillsborough County's all-time leading rusher, says he just got an offer from #USF. #taggarteffec

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

He's got a tough decision on his hands.

But I'll tell you something when Jim Harbaugh's former RB Coach decides to make an offer to a RB, I think it's noteworthy.

The reason Davis has a tough decision is because I believe Memphis has been calling him and recruiting him this whole time. That in itself is not a coincidence. Justin Fuente was Gary Patterson's RB Coach at TCU and he also can recognize RB talent when he sees it.

The problem is, USF hardly gave Robert the time of day under Skip Holtz and the offer from Willie Taggart is coming kind of late in the game.

It'll boil down to whether he really wants to stay home, or whether he is loyal to the team and staff that have been recruiting him since the beginning. Both are powerful arguments. In the end I hope what he comes to realize is that Willie Taggart's close connection with the Harbaughs means that Robert might have a little bit clearer path to the NFL once the time comes for that.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

It's my understanding that Davis recieved his USF offer about three weeks ago. He was on campus for the letitfly 7 on 7 competition at USF this weekend, but it wasn't an official visit. I feel much more confident about Kemp coming than Davis, and I don't feel very confident in that.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

It's my understanding that Davis recieved his USF offer about three weeks ago. He was on campus for the letitfly 7 on 7 competition at USF this weekend, but it wasn't an official visit. I feel much more confident about Kemp coming than Davis, and I don't feel very confident in that

The RT appears to be dated. My bad. Still don't think we are out of it for either of them. I don't think they would have backed off Webb unless they had 2 in front of him.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I don't understand why anyone would not want this guy. He just smokes everyone on the field.This guy would be a huge threat to the outside, burn defenses for easy 5-10+ yard pick ups ending out of bounds. I hope he chooses USF. If you have this guy in with a 2 back formation and some sort of read on the defense I imagine that would be really effective. 

I think we get Davis or Kemp...not both.  Hopefully they've given Taggart an indication, so he can focus on other areas of need.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't understand why anyone would not want this guy. He just smokes everyone on the field.This guy would be a huge threat to the outside, burn defenses for easy 5-10+ yard pick ups ending out of bounds. I hope he chooses USF. If you have this guy in with a 2 back formation and some sort of read on the defense I imagine that would be really effective. 

If speed were the only factor, Hopkins would have been our leading rusher last year.

If speed were the only factor, Hopkins would have been our leading rusher last year.

I think Hopkins was a track star first, football player next.  And he was actually blossoming into a go-to WR before his injury.  I think he's back next year, so I'd expect even better things.

Davis looks like a Warrick Dunn type.  I'd love to have him.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I guess you haven't seen Forrest Gump.