• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Robert Davis falling in love with USF, waiting to be loved back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Could be. Who knows.

Having just spoken with a friend of mine who is as close to the situation as you get, I would say anyone reading tea leaves that is "pretty sure" of one thing or another...are probably a little off. This will come down to national signing day. I won't say any more than that. Completely up in the air.

I'm going to read the tea leaves that ck has just laid on the table.  I'm betting he is a backup option for a couple of schools, then has a lower level school that is willing to wait for NSD.  On NSD he checks his provisional schools to see if someone flipped and there is a spot for him, if not he goes to he backup school.

This is all greek to me. He's a kid, being recruited by teams that want him, he's got offers on the table, and he's making his decision. Any characterization that is more complicated than that is inaccurate.

You made it sound more complicated.  As long as he knows which schools he can't wait too long to accept, he's fine.

I tend to be more conservative--yes  i'm older..  I don't believe with the importance of this decision that I would wait till the last day  but that is just me. Its the bird in the hand thing.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Could be. Who knows.

Having just spoken with a friend of mine who is as close to the situation as you get, I would say anyone reading tea leaves that is "pretty sure" of one thing or another...are probably a little off. This will come down to national signing day. I won't say any more than that. Completely up in the air.

I'm going to read the tea leaves that ck has just laid on the table.  I'm betting he is a backup option for a couple of schools, then has a lower level school that is willing to wait for NSD.  On NSD he checks his provisional schools to see if someone flipped and there is a spot for him, if not he goes to he backup school.

This is all greek to me. He's a kid, being recruited by teams that want him, he's got offers on the table, and he's making his decision. Any characterization that is more complicated than that is inaccurate.

You made it sound more complicated.  As long as he knows which schools he can't wait too long to accept, he's fine.

I tend to be more conservative--yes  i'm older..  I don't believe with the importance of this decision that I would wait till the last day  but that is just me. Its the bird in the hand thing.

Go Bulls

:wtf:

Could be. Who knows.

Go Bulls

It's like the last lap run to the finish line at the race track. make the run too late you loose.

A last minute flip can scramble NSD ..

Its like musical chairs...the music stops  and someone doesn't get a seat.

I'm conservative and an engineer.  We design based on risk factors.  This is very similar..if you have a solid offer at a good school would you risk a free education.Not me

If I were not commited to the school then it's a different matter all together.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Could be. Who knows.

Go Bulls

It's like the last lap run to the finish line at the race track. make the run too late you loose.

I'm conservative and an engineer.  We design based on risk factors.  This is very similar..if you have a solid offer at a good school would you risk a free education.Not me

Go Bulls

Gobbledegook

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Could be. Who knows.

How did I make it sound complicated? I was speaking AGAINST all these complicated conspiracy theories, reading the tea leaves, reading the writing on the wall type posts. Saying it's completely up in the air doesn't make it complicated. He's got a bunch of schools offering him including USF plus the other ones that have been reported, and he's trying to choose which city he's going to be in for the next four years. It's pretty simple.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Could be. Who knows.

Go Bulls

Go Bulls

I think this is more complicating something that is not very complicated.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

Could be. Who knows.

Go Bulls

Go Bulls

I think this is more complicating something that is not very complicated.

so it basically comes down to "where do I want to live?"... sounds complicated :D

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It really comes down to two things

1. which school's going to best prepare me for the NFL? and

2. where am I going to get laid more?

I think you got 1 and 2 reversed priority wise.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think you got 1 and 2 reversed priority wise.

Go Bulls

I'm agreeing with bull-71 on this ... the NFL is such a longshot, #2 should be top priority.  :D  #1 is bonus if you can get there.