• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS gone; BE not in Big 5 conferences

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

let's face it

big east went into toilet when big 3 left for acc

What the **** are the italics for??

67k + posts and he is still learning how to use a message board.

i am not computer literate

sue me

Don't worry about it. Some people on here are just asses.

LOL - since you're new here, I won't spoil it for you - stick around a little longer and you'll figure out smazza in no time.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

let's face it

big east went into toilet when big 3 left for acc

What the **** are the italics for??

67k + posts and he is still learning how to use a message board.

i am not computer literate

sue me

Don't worry about it. Some people on here are just asses.

LOL - since you're new here, I won't spoil it for you - stick around a little longer and you'll figure out smazza in no time.

smazza may have a minority opinion on some topics, but at least he sticks to his guns no matter what response he invokes.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Joe Schad â€@schadjoe

“@catdaddy1963: @schadjoe So the #BigEast has NO SHOT WHATSOEVER to line themselves up with one of the BCS Bowl?â€/not likely

just saw this on tweeter... lets hope he's wrong!!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I heard on ESPN Radio that the SEC Commissh apparently stated to an aide that all of the schools and conferences that are not one of the elite top 5 conferences will be relegated down to the FCS where they belong.

If true then you can bet that there will be a mad scramble as every Big East team makes a mad dash to whore themselves out to the so-called elite top 5 conferences. I fear that the only way we can come out of this on top is if FSU leaves the ACC for the B12, but I really don't see that happening now that the ACC is included in that top 5.

2 Cents - My main issue is not losing the bowl games, personally I feel that the bowl system is corrupt given how the bowl committes force the invited schools to buy 20,000 seats each. 9 times out of 10 these seats are not sold, and the schools have to eat the $$, especially if your team travels outside of your region. My main issue is having a number of schools shut-out by the old guard who fear giving up ground to new programs like USF or Boise State.

While I love the bowl games and traveling to them, I can see where a playoff system that is similar to the NFL could be bennefical to college football more so then the current bowl system. Hopefully they don't make the mistake of copying the Basketball March Madness system where a bunch of schools play regional tournaments in neutral arenas.

in any event we will know where we fall in a few months time.

this would be great news

the fcs teams than can form their own alliance

lets see how long big 5 lasts if they have to only PLAY WITH themselves

Smazza,

I've been playing with myself for 31 years... So it could last for quite a while...

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Joe Schad â€@schadjoe

“@catdaddy1963: @schadjoe So the #BigEast has NO SHOT WHATSOEVER to line themselves up with one of the BCS Bowl?â€/not likely

Not shocked.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

So the 5 conferences still get to go to the former BCS bowls, just now the Big East is left out. Strength of schedule is of utmost importance so now the 5 conferences will pretty much just schedule each other, no more cupcakes or 1aa teams. So how does this allow any undefeated team from outside the 5 conferences to get into the playoff game? Because they are perceived as being weak and no one in the 5 conferences is going to schedule them, an undefeated team will never get in because they beat cupcakes. How many seasons will this farce be allowed to go on?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

The BE as a whole is no better than the MWC, CUSA, or Sun Belt now. USF needs to dominate and move up to another conference.... Is there any value as an independent; pretty much no, but this **** is a joke

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Joe Schad â€@schadjoe

who cares about bowls. they are corrupt and most schools lose money going to them(UConn lost over $2M playing OU in fiesta). they will go out of business eventually when playoffs expand. they are nothing more than glorified exhibitions.

personally I'd rather travel to Notre Dame, FSU, UF, OU, Penn State, Auburn, etc to play at their place and experience their game day traditions than travel to Miami to play boston college in front of 25k fans and pay $200 for a ticket in the end zone from USF.

The BE as a whole is no better than the MWC, CUSA, or Sun Belt now. USF needs to dominate and move up to another conference.... Is there any value as an independent; pretty much no, but this **** is a joke

the BE is much better than all of those conferences. why do you think their top teams are moving to the BE.

So the 5 conferences still get to go to the former BCS bowls, just now the Big East is left out. Strength of schedule is of utmost importance so now the 5 conferences will pretty much just schedule each other, no more cupcakes or 1aa teams. So how does this allow any undefeated team from outside the 5 conferences to get into the playoff game? Because they are perceived as being weak and no one in the 5 conferences is going to schedule them, an undefeated team will never get in because they beat cupcakes. How many seasons will this farce be allowed to go on?

strength of schedule has always been a component. even if they officially took it out of the computer rankings, the voters always took it into account. why do you think the undefeated SEC teams always ranked better than any other undefeated teams. heck even their 1 loss teams were ranked better.

LSU had the same record as houston last year. one of them finished #2 and the other finished #18. don't you think that had something to do with their strength of schedule?

the fact is our schedule last year ranked in the low 60's according to sagarins. the top teams in the big ten ranked in the low 40's and the top teams in the pac 12 ranked in the mid 30's. if we replaced FAMU, Ball State, and UTEP with teams ranked anywhere from 30-60 then we would have a schedule that is on par with both of those conferences.

Edited by Bull94