• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh no they didn't

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

This is why you will see 4, 16 team conferences eventually.....

I'm leaning that way as well. 4 sixteen team conferences with each conference champion in the playoffs.

It seems very reasonable to me. That being said, I don't honestly see the old alma mater as part of the equation.

Nope.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

This is why you will see 4, 16 team conferences eventually.....

I'm leaning that way as well. 4 sixteen team conferences with each conference champion in the playoffs.

It seems very reasonable to me. That being said, I don't honestly see the old alma mater as part of the equation.

Nope.

Gotta hope we can have a solution that doesn't leave 50% of the FBS schools out of having even a small shot at the championship. Oh well, screw the fans, this is about ratings and money.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

The voice of semi-reason from the Old Ball Coach:

Not surprisingly, Slive's coaches seemed to wholeheartedly back his plan -- although South Carolina's Steve Spurrier reiterated his preference for an eight-team playoff.

"Do you know who's won the Super Bowl the last two years?" Spurrier said. "Weren't the Giants 8-8? And the Packers didn't even win their division the year before and got hot in the playoffs. It just depends on how much importance you want to place into a playoff system, a tournament. I know there have been a lot of NCAA (basketball) champions that didn't necessarily win their conference but they got hot in the tournament.

"I don't know how it will play out."

If those elitist pricks get their way and it goes to the top 4, arbitrarily picked, teams, I'm done with college football ...

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Yep, as much as I hate to say it, Spurrier seems to have it right.

• Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Not surprisingly, Slive's coaches seemed to wholeheartedly back his plan -- although South Carolina's Steve Spurrier reiterated his preference for an eight-team playoff.

"Do you know who's won the Super Bowl the last two years?" Spurrier said. "Weren't the Giants 8-8? And the Packers didn't even win their division the year before and got hot in the playoffs. It just depends on how much importance you want to place into a playoff system, a tournament. I know there have been a lot of NCAA (basketball) champions that didn't necessarily win their conference but they got hot in the tournament.

If those elitist pricks get their way and it goes to the top 4, arbitrarily picked, teams, I'm done with college football ...

Although I've said otherwise on this board before, I don't think I will be necessarily "done" if the format goes to the top four - however, I really want to see USF in a situation where we are playing "the best of the rest". I think it will be the only place we will be competitive when all is said and done.

I know it kills some of you to hear this, but perhaps our future will be brightest if we take our ball and go home. The "power conferences" have done (and are continuing to do) everything in their power to block the NBE and it seems the ACC from the championship.

I know I am among the few, but I think at some point, the leftovers are going to have to re-evaluate where they stand and possibly start from scratch by forming more regional, competitive conferences.

We are not going to be invited to the Big 12 and the ACC would only offer a spot to us after all other options have been exhausted and maybe not even then.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

UConn finished 9th in the Big East, yet won the Bational Championship. I LOVE this story.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Remember when there was an AFL and NFL?

• Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Remember when there was an AFL and NFL?

How could forget about the XFL?