• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF @ Nevada Gametime Set

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah, we might not be inbreds like WV, but we gots us sum inside jokes. Too bad we don't have WVU to pick on anymore.

Who do Nevadans look down on? Utahns? Idahoans?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Hope it's humid

I can pretty much guarantee that won't be the case. The game time temp will probably be 85 with humidity of 20%. We're in the desert and 5,000 feet up. The air is thin here. That's our one major advantage. Teams that come from lower elevations get winded especially if it's a close game.

Well good luck to you guys and I'm sure as the game gets closer more and more of our fans will drop by. Is it time for football yet?

Hey Mugtang, thanks for the info. This was actually part of an inside joke on our board. Coach last year blamed.one of our losses on the lack of humidity at gametime. Hopefully we won't be blaming another one this year on altitude! Haha.

I never even thought about the altitude. If we lose, it's because they were the better team, but altitude could be a semi-big problem. I've played a couple of soccer games at above elevation and I got winded much faster than normal and I'm in really good shape.

• Content Count:  48
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, we might not be inbreds like WV, but we gots us sum inside jokes. Too bad we don't have WVU to pick on anymore.

Honestly we're not really in a position to look down on anybody...we're pretty much last in everything that matters. But Californians drive us nuts. And Utah is always good for a joke.

From a college perspective our rival is UNLV and they're always fun to make fun of. If you ever encounter somebody from there refer to the school as Nevada Southern University. Nevada and Boise fans usually have some heated discussions which intensified after their kicker choked. But they're your guys problem after this year. Good luck with that btw :P

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Sucks... This is the one game I wanted to be at besides FSU and a buddy of mine plans his bachelor party in Tampa that same weekend (his friends scheduled the party around the Bucs game as they are from North Carolina). At least I'll be in Tampa to watch the game. Any watch party recommendations for those of us that will be there for a bachelor party (in other words... watch party with hot USF coeds so my friend will think twice about getting married). Either way... let's get a W and get drunk!

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Honestly we're not really in a position to look down on anybody...we're pretty much last in everything that matters. But Californians drive us nuts. And Utah is always good for a joke.

From a college perspective our rival is UNLV and they're always fun to make fun of. If you ever encounter somebody from there refer to the school as Nevada Southern University. Nevada and Boise fans usually have some heated discussions which intensified after their kicker choked. But they're your guys problem after this year. Good luck with that btw :P

Will do. I love this kind of snide smack talk. What do they call you guys? Puppywolves or some such?

Few here will admit it, but our biggest rival now is Central Florida. 90 miles up Interstate 4, we both recruit the same area. They have a HUGE (and well-deserved) inferiority complex versus us. If you ever meet one, ask them if they're from UC "iF". LOL

• Content Count:  48

Will do. I love this kind of snide smack talk. What do they call you guys? Puppywolves or some such?

Few here will admit it, but our biggest rival now is Central Florida. 90 miles up Interstate 4, we both recruit the same area. They have a HUGE (and well-deserved) inferiority complex versus us. If you ever meet one, ask them if they're from UC "iF". LOL

They simply refer to us as "Reno" or "UNR". We advertise as being the University of Nevada, although the school is technically the University of Nevada-Reno. UNLV was once called Nevada Southern University so if/when you make it over to our board and see NSU you'll understand. Our board btw is www.silverandbluesports.com

• Content Count:  64

Airfare $500 a pop to Reno. Guess I will be watching on TV...sigh.

Yeah i saw that but it looks like just about everyone flies into there so hoping to stumble across a deal

I checked the prices to Sacramento this afternoon. Airfare is $365 vs $505 at this time. Between my GF and myself that would save almost $300 for us. Anyone traveling with a larger group might want to consider that as an option. It's 130 miles to Reno (pretty mountainous if I remember right) Far from perfect, but $500 is a steep price right now, especially after tickets, accommodations etc.

• Content Count:  15

I checked the prices to Sacramento this afternoon. Airfare is $365 vs $505 at this time. Between my GF and myself that would save almost $300 for us. Anyone traveling with a larger group might want to consider that as an option. It's 130 miles to Reno (pretty mountainous if I remember right) Far from perfect, but $500 is a steep price right now, especially after tickets, accommodations etc.

Sacramento to Reno is between 2 and 2.5 hours by car, but it's a nice drive at that time of year.

If you're looking for something else to do, the Great Reno Balloon Race is also happening that week and the Aces (local minor league baseball team) will have their final regular season home game a few days earlier.

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Sacramento to Reno is between 2 and 2.5 hours by car, but it's a nice drive at that time of year.

If you're looking for something else to do, the Great Reno Balloon Race is also happening that week and the Aces (local minor league baseball team) will have their final regular season home game a few days earlier.

Thank you for all the suggestions! Any recommendations on white water rafting companies in the area?

• Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

They're already my problem sadly? Everyone here has blue and orange glasses on... :(

Mad about this game though I have to be the best man at a wedding in Spokane, WA September 8th I was looking forward to catching my first USF game since I moved back out West in '09. I wanted to kill him when he told me what day it was on.. Oh well have at least one game with in flying/driving distance starting next season each year...

Archived