• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How much do you think each USF student pays for varsity athletics?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

So we are charging every student for football season tickets with their tuition. hmmm. I am not sure how I feel about this. Right now it is ncesessary to continue growing the program, but eventually we need to increase our footprint in the alumni season ticket count. Its gorwing, its just not fast enough to keep up with the demands. I see the fees decreasing in the near future, maye even after the new TV contract?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

common thing

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I was surprised at the students not knowing.

As for opting out, they have choices BEFORE choosing a school.

sure that's how you should pick a school. last time i checked the mission statement for a public state university didn't say anything about funding a successful athletic program.

• Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

The athletics fees are clearly laid out on the summary of charges every semester. I would hope that a student looks at that before sending in a check.

So we are charging every student for football season tickets with their tuition. hmmm. I am not sure how I feel about this. Right now it is ncesessary to continue growing the program, but eventually we need to increase our footprint in the alumni season ticket count. Its gorwing, its just not fast enough to keep up with the demands. I see the fees decreasing in the near future, maye even after the new TV contract?

No. Students are being charged for athletics season tickets. They can attend any game they want for 14.15 per credit hour. The fee also covers the rec center (equipment, maintenance, staffing, etc)

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

As stated, the fee also covers the awesome rec center, the pools, the intramural courts and fields, etc.

The athletics fees are clearly laid out on the summary of charges every semester. I would hope that a student looks at that before sending in a check.

No. Students are being charged for athletics season tickets. They can attend any game they want for 14.15 per credit hour. The fee also covers the rec center (equipment, maintenance, staffing, etc)

I didn't say anything about notifying students. I said they should have a choice of whether or not they want to pay them.

a state public universities mission isn't to run a successful athletic department. it's to educate . students tuition should go towards that goal. if they want to see a ballgame then they can pay for it like they do at UF.

As stated, the fee also covers the awesome rec center, the pools, the intramural courts and fields, etc.

it goes to pay million dollar salaries. let's not kid ourselves. UF students pay $1.90 per credit hour. I'm guessing they get access to a rec center, etc.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah, back when dinosaurs and I roamed the region bounded by Fowler, Fletcher, 30th and 50th, tuition was dirt cheap. We were on a quarter system in lieu of semesters and I almost never paid more in tuition than I paid for books. I lived in an 8-x-22-foot travel trailer with a roomate and splt aproximatly $75 a month rent and utilities. It was the bargain basement of college education and we didn't have to pay all the fees to support athletics and other niceties. Now, however, I am making up for it in donations and other support for the alma mater. I could have gone to Harvard. Until there are enough folks giving private support it is going to be costly for the university, i.e., the students, to support a top tier athletic program. Given the current financial strains across the board there may soon come the day of reckoning to decide the big question: Can we afford the price of big-time athletic success?

those were fun days

sex was great and plentiful

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the cost is well worth it

i wish i was at usf now(17 AGAIN) with me as my dad

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I didn't say anything about notifying students. I said they should have a choice of whether or not they want to pay them.

a state public universities mission isn't to run a successful athletic department. it's to educate . students tuition should go towards that goal. if they want to see a ballgame then they can pay for it like they do at UF.

No one forces a student to go to USF

They CHOOSE to go.

This is (or shoud be) after looking at what the University has to offer academically, athletically, socially, etc, and what they want to pay for it.

If they choose to go to USF, then they choose to pay the associated fees that go along with it.

Archived