• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How much do you think each USF student pays for varsity athletics?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  332
  • Days Won:  1

I like the fancy student center, I appreciate that our adminsitration know wtf they are doing, and if my degree is worthless then thats my fault. If I can't find a job after I graduate, thats my fault also. College is a lot like life, if you want nice things then you must pay for them. If you don't want to pay for all that then go to Keiser or Everest. They'll gladly take your money for a degree that I'm -sure- is worth more than one from USF.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

an education in florida is so affordable we should increase the athletics fee by 20%

stop crying

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

::::crickets chirping::::

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I was surprised at the students not knowing.

As for opting out, they have choices BEFORE choosing a school.

The athletics fees are clearly laid out on the summary of charges every semester. I would hope that a student looks at that before sending in a check.

So we are charging every student for football season tickets with their tuition. hmmm. I am not sure how I feel about this. Right now it is ncesessary to continue growing the program, but eventually we need to increase our footprint in the alumni season ticket count. Its gorwing, its just not fast enough to keep up with the demands. I see the fees decreasing in the near future, maye even after the new TV contract?

No. Students are being charged for athletics season tickets. They can attend any game they want for 14.15 per credit hour. The fee also covers the rec center (equipment, maintenance, staffing, etc)

I didn't say anything about notifying students. I said they should have a choice of whether or not they want to pay them.

a state public universities mission isn't to run a successful athletic department. it's to educate . students tuition should go towards that goal. if they want to see a ballgame then they can pay for it like they do at UF.

No one forces a student to go to USF

They CHOOSE to go.

This is (or shoud be) after looking at what the University has to offer academically, athletically, socially, etc, and what they want to pay for it.

If they choose to go to USF, then they choose to pay the associated fees that go along with it.

USF is a state funded university.

tuition dollars should be spent in the classroom.

that goes for primary schools as well.

way too mush is spent on administration, fancy student centers, athletics, etc.

their mission is to educate state students at a reasonable cost.

just wait until the college loan bubble bursts. state colleges will have to cut spending even further.

kinda funny when you argue both sides of the argument

We can't win

19 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

when we only pay our HC $1.8M per year. we need to put things in perspective. $1.8M per year is not enough to field a competitive BE team. take it easy on this staff. how can you expect to be successful when we pay peanuts to a BCS coach.

oh btw FL is 45th out of 50 in tuition and fees

http://www.flbog.org..._comparison.pdf

HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR CROW??????

sorry but if that second quote is actually from me then it was tounge in cheek as I feel all state employed glorified gym coaches that make $1.8M per year are overpaid.

as I said this state has some of the lowest tuitions in the country. not sure how your post disproves that.

you haven't shown me anything about how much they spend in the classrooms. according to usa today USF spends 8.3% on athletic fees. I think if you look at all florida state universities you will notice that quite a few of them have some of the highest fees in the country. I believe UCF is #1 in total dollars. we aren't far behind. FAU and FIU are up there as well.

what are we doing in this state? building football factories or educating our populace.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

an education in florida is so affordable we should increase the athletics fee by 20%

stop crying

yeah we need to build football factories in this state. that will make us competitive economically....

anyone notice that the state universities with the highest football coaches salaries are some of the poorest states when it comes to educating their citizens.

Louisianna, alabama, miss

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Schools that are not BIG name schools.... (aka USF) get a great deal of pub and recognition due to athletics.

Athletics is part of the college experience. If you improve the college experience, you will get better academic talent.

just my take...

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

stop crying

yeah we need to build football factories in this state. that will make us competitive economically....

anyone notice that the state universities with the highest football coaches salaries are some of the poorest states when it comes to educating their citizens.

Louisianna, alabama, miss

There you go again. How do you scape that stuff off your shoes at night when you are stepping in it all day long. Undoubtedly TX pays more total coaching dollars invested than any other state and they are also the one of the biggest biggest economic engines in the country. HOW'S THAT FOR A STAT?????

Oh and that quote of yours came directly from your profile and it was never intended "tongue-in-cheek". I guess it's hard to remember what you said a year ago when you make up stuff all day long. Try actually finding some source material before you make up statements about which states pay the most for coaches and which states pay the most for tuition. You haven't been accurate about anything yet.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

So we are charging every student for football season tickets with their tuition. hmmm. I am not sure how I feel about this. Right now it is ncesessary to continue growing the program, but eventually we need to increase our footprint in the alumni season ticket count. Its gorwing, its just not fast enough to keep up with the demands. I see the fees decreasing in the near future, maye even after the new TV contract?

One of the benefits. Students get free tickets to ALL sporting events.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

As stated, the fee also covers the awesome rec center, the pools, the intramural courts and fields, etc.

it goes to pay million dollar salaries. let's not kid ourselves. UF students pay $1.90 per credit hour. I'm guessing they get access to a rec center, etc.

They have a $100M athletics budget annually. We are less than $30, with a similar student count. But we don't have 80 years of football and SEC money.

Archived