• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Todd McShay Will Be Wrong About USF Draft Picks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

In all seriousness, I would be surprised if Scott is drafted higher than 7th. Maybe one other bull, in a later round, but not expecting much this year.

I think we had some decent athletes, but we underperformed, and didn't showcase their talents. No other place to put that but the coaches. Hope they can improve this year.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I expect Scott to be drafted and either Warren or Young. Nobody else.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Come on guys, what team wouldn't want an opera singer on their roster?

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Scott sucks, not impressed with him at all. Andre Hall was way better and barely had a cup of coffee in the NFL.

• Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I am not surprised about this and not bothered by this. Though I thought maybe Young would get on the list. Washington should have played better this season

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

The lack of possible NFL picks may explain some of the lapses we had last year. The guys from the NFL can spot talent that may have been masked by bad coaching. If this group of grads doesn't get drafted, its because the NFL guys don't think they have the talent even after they get coached up. Plus they miss guys every year. Undrafted free agents make teams every year. We'll just have to see how it plays out but I would be surprised if more than 2 make it into the NFL.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Scott sucks, not impressed with him at all. Andre Hall was way better and barely had a cup of coffee in the NFL.

Have to agree here.... I would replace suck with non-durable.... but he only flashed

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

I think Warren and HIne are both on the low end of possibly being drafted. Hine is an impressive man and may be able to convince that he can get it done by playing up his intangibles...hard work, versatility, intelligence, etc. Warren physically might wow a team or two. I don't know as much about he stacks up in other areas but he does not seem woefully deficient.

Young and Washington are good talents, not great but they have never displayed anything that says they must be locked up in the draft.

Young comes in at the low end of the safety class physically. Throughout his career he has solid performance on the field. But at the end of the day, compared to other prospects he is average talent and average performance. He's likely going to get lumped into a group of guys of which a couple will get drafted in low rounds, but many more will not be drafted. What those couple of guys need to show is just going to come down to the preferences of the teams needing to take a safety late.

Washington measures up to be a fair prospect. At the same time he doesn't have anything physically that is going to blow a team away. Additionally unlike Young, over his whole career his game film is detrimental to his draft status. He ended 2010 with a few good performances but that is not for an NFL club.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think Q is the guy that gets drafted. I've read a couple of places that he really impressed in workouts. Scott could get draft also, but Q had a better overall career.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think Q is the guy that gets drafted. I've read a couple of places that he really impressed in workouts. Scott could get draft also, but Q had a better overall career.

Before the football season, I thought that Q`would be the top USF drafted player this year. He seems to have fallen off the radar. Where did you read about him impressing during workouts? I've been looking, but I haven't seen much on that.

Archived