• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone Know Anything About Ohio?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

There is a reason why they are here. They could definitely cause some trouble

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Ohio will cause some trouble. They are a very good team and their seed doesn't represent them fairly. It ultimately will be a question of if they try to go full court, but we do have both speed and height to counter it. My point is that we've gone through 12 games now where we've forced various teams to play our style. Right now it appears that we have the ability to impose that on the opponents, but we'll see. When we look at Temple, they shot 39.7% from beyond the arc all season but shot 16.7% last night (still bad if you take away a couple of desperation 3 shots at the end). They shot 46.9% from the field all year, but 35.7% last night.

Ohio can beat us, no doubt about it. But I don't think it likely that they shoot 51.2% against us and go 6/16 from the arc. Michigan gave them several wide open looks at 3s when they missed rotating on defense and blew coverage. We so rarely do that. It's not just being a USF homer that makes me say I have never seen a team play defense like this so consistently before. Screens just don't work very well against us as the players don't lose focus and are able to get back on their man very quickly.

Ohio shot above their seasonal averages last night. They are a 43.1% shooting team, shoot under 70% in FTs as a team, and shoot 33.9% from the arc. As I've said, we have a consistent tendency lately of holding teams below their averages. If we play our game we can hold them below their seasonal averages. That doesn't mean Ohio can't win, but I think they will have to play our game to do it. If they do, more power to them. I'm not chalking it up as a win and I doubt that Heath, who coached in the MAC, will either. I don't like us in the role of a favorite and am concerned it will get to these guys heads.

But they don't quit. It didn't look good early on last night, but they hung in and then built a 10 point lead. That shows a lot of character.

• Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

What do you want to know? Ohio beat a Michigan team that was better than USF was all season. Amused at the arrogance being shown by some of you here.

Who are you going to root for? :)

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

What do you want to know? Ohio beat a Michigan team that was better than USF was all season. Amused at the arrogance being shown by some of you here.

I'm amused at your arrogance.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

I was impressed with the interior passing by Ohio in their game last night, getting lots of high-percentage shots. We'll need to have active hands and disrupt these passing lanes if we're to slow this down.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

They will have more fans at the game than USF. It will be interesting who the non-fans pick up for during the game. They usually go with the underdog but with a 12 v 13, who knows? Will be lots of green in the building again.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We just beat a Temple team that was, "better" than us all season; and a Cal team, and a Cincinnati team, and a Louisville team. We feel good about our chances and by what I saw on your boards you fell good about your chances. There's nothing wrong with that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Interesting to see what Bobcat has to say about the people on this board. I will be laughing my ass off when USF wins by 15.

http://bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPage=1&ForumPID=1&PID=63282

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Lets not get confident guys. We need to take these guys seriously.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

Its not arrogance. And we Beat Louisville who was heads and heals better then Ohio all season and who beat Ohio...We should win this game end of story. Michigan as much as I love that school was to dependent on the three ball all season. Not the case with us Ohio will not get any open shots so if they get three happy it is going to a long night for them.

Archived