• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dan Sileo fired from 620 WDAE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Didn't like his show at first, but he became very pro USF and had Skip and Stan on quite a bit.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2012/mar/13/2/morning-show-host-sileo-no-longer-with-wdae-ar-368807/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, but Rock Riley is on now and much better. He's talking USF a lot this morning.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Rock Riley - bleh

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Why was he fired?

• Content Count:  879

He referred to three of the guys the Bucs were trying to acquire as "monkeys." I think there isn't anybody around who thinks Sileo is a racist, and it was obviously a slip of the tongue. However, I also believe he was on his last leg after the Glazier business last year (or the year before...can't remember when that happened)

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

He referred to three of the guys the Bucs were trying to acquire as "monkeys." I think there isn't anybody around who thinks Sileo is a racist, and it was obviously a slip of the tongue. However, I also believe he was on his last leg after the Glazier business last year (or the year before...can't remember when that happened)

one article said it was 09' when that happened

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Did not like Sileo because he was a Miami guy on Tampa radio... he mostly talked up the Canes and the FIU Panthers, and only as of late started talking up the Bulls. Also the Glazers hated him so it was only a matter of time before Papa Glazer routed him out.

Now all they need to do is get rid of DUImeg who is a rabid Temple fan who hates USF.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Sileo was not my favorite, and yes, he was a Miami guy, but compared to Duimig, he was a rabid USF homer. I'm convinced Duimig absolutely hates anything about USF. I think he strongly roots for us to lose. When he talks about USF, he always has a total negative and sarcastic attitude. You can hear it in his voice. He talks about how important it is to get behind the home team, but he doesn't really do that when it comes to the Bulls. I know our teams have not been the best over the years, but we are still the home team and as a home town sports radio host, you should at least give the impression that you want the USF programs to be successful. End of rant.

• Content Count:  728

Sileo was not my favorite, and yes, he was a Miami guy, but compared to Duimig, he was a rabid USF homer. I'm convinced Duimig absolutely hates anything about USF. I think he strongly roots for us to lose. When he talks about USF, he always has a total negative and sarcastic attitude. You can hear it in his voice. He talks about how important it is to get behind the home team, but he doesn't really do that when it comes to the Bulls. I know our teams have not been the best over the years, but we are still the home team and as a home town sports radio host, you should at least give the impression that you want the USF programs to be successful. End of rant.

I will never forget the time DUImig bought my lunch whilst kicking me out of the Buffalo Wild Wings in Brandon

• Content Count:  1,204

Probably too early for Powlawski to get back on WDAE - and who knows the terms for his 1010 contract anyways. Always have liked Justin quite a bit and listened to Duemig's show whenever he'd fill in for him. They might decide to move Bobby Fenton into the slot. That wouldn't be terrible.

Archived