• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THEY WILL BREAK YOUR HEART EVERY TIME

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Hey, everyone and everthing you love is going to frustrate you and eventually break your heart. Without the agony of defeat you can't truly relish the joy of victory.

And a whole bunch of other philosphical mumbo jumbo.

For me, I keep rooting for the teams through the pain because that is a part of my life like breathing and eating. The Bulls have given me my moments though and I just have to keep cherishing those and looking forward to more..

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

USF Fans' acceptance of these results time and time again is why our athletic programs will never be elite.

So, Mookie, how SHOULD the fans have handled this loss? What options do we have other than "accepting" It? Scream to fire Stan .... start a campaign to have Jawanza's scholarship pulled? Please enlighten us ...

Sure I'll be glad to enlighten you yet again. For starters stop acting like losing games that we were in position to win is OK. This mentality leads to apathy which is how one could best describe USF's fan base and you are the epitome. If you don't think athletes feed off of a milquetoast fanbase you've never played sports which in your case is the truth.

Any other questions?

LOL ... Just because one doesn't come on here and whine like a little girl about hating to be a USF fan because we gave a game away doesn't mean we don't care. Is that how you think we should act after a loss like, pouty little babies?? THAT will help things? If our athletes have ANY kind of a meaningful reaction to what goes on on this message board we have a lot bigger problem than your erroneously perceived one about our acceptance of a loss or not ... and I'd love to hear your experience with a milquetoast fanbase as a player. Parents are usually supportive even when you have to go back to hitting off a tee.

you're right. Pompous-holier-than-thou dooshbag pouts towards anyone who doesnt drink the Kool-Aid and questions apathy provides a far more constructive service to USF and it's fanbase.

Constructive ... really? How exactly is coming on here, after the best basketball season in the history of the hoops program, and sniffling about hating to be a USF fan, being constructive? I understand the "drinking Kool-Aid" and "Green and Gold Goggles" crap at time but you sound like a ******* fool pulling that now.

As for parents and tee-ball I don't know WTF you're talking about but then again neither do you.

My bad ... I assumed your comment about athletes feeding of a milquetoast fanbase was from personal experience ... Should have known.

Good question. So exactly what is constructive about your whining about other people's posts, other than it being your sole reason for being and all?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

i love how we are disappointed that our basketball team lost to notre dame after winning a BE tourny game and is probly headed to the dance...

at the beginning of the season we were clamoring for stan to be canned

Um yes fans are supposed to be disappointed when their team loses a game that was in the bag with less than 40 secs left.

USF Fans' acceptance of these results time and time again is why our athletic programs will never be elite.

Um, I think you need to find a significant other. There are much more important things in life than one sporting event.

What I want from the teams I follow is great effort. This team has poured their heart and soul into everything they've done. Can't ever ask for more than that.

i love how we are disappointed that our basketball team lost to notre dame after winning a BE tourny game and is probly headed to the dance...

at the beginning of the season we were clamoring for stan to be canned

Um yes fans are supposed to be disappointed when their team loses a game that was in the bag with less than 40 secs left.

Um, I think you need to find a significant other. There are much more important things in life than one sporting event.

What I want from the teams I follow is great effort. This team has poured their heart and soul into everything they've done. Can't ever ask for more than that.

lolz Thanks for sharing your advice re my personal life and your perspective on what "you want from your teams". I don't see where anyone had asked for either but preach on...

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

lolz Thanks for sharing your advice re my personal life and your perspective on what "you want from your teams". I don't see where anyone had asked for either but preach on...

Someone has to help the youngsters that didn't get the proper guidance growing up.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

In the words of Mariah:

"Heartbreaker, you got the best of me, but I just keep on coming back incessantly"

• Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

No matter what happens, this was a good step forward for the team.

Thanks for deleting my post Databull. I guess it's easy for you to throw out insults when you're a mod and can just delete responses. Hopefully the "youngsters" you're "helping" aren't boys, because they ain't gonna learn to be men by listening to you.

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Beastie...Considering USF football season this yr and hasn't won a conference title yet, USF's baseball down trend and the roller coast ride known as USF men's basketball sometimes being a USF fan can be tuff. I can understand from where u r coming from but the comment is not appropriate here especially after finishing arguably the best men's basketball season in USF history. There is plenty of upsets in the Bulls past to give us fans hope for a brighter future. Bulls fans are kinda like being a cubs fan. I hope USF can retain Heath for another 5-10 yrs.

Archived