• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THEY WILL BREAK YOUR HEART EVERY TIME

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

Sure I am disappointed that we didn't win a game when the chance presented itself but, given the effort these guys have put in, I can't carp too much. Personally, I got more than I expected from the basketball season already so anything from here is cherry on top. I am finally hopeful that we are making some progress on the basketball front. Been a long time getting to there. Now if we can just get football and baseball straightened out.....

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

i love how we are disappointed that our basketball team lost to notre dame after winning a BE tourny game and is probly headed to the dance...

at the beginning of the season we were clamoring for stan to be canned

Um yes fans are supposed to be disappointed when their team loses a game that was in the bag with less than 40 secs left.

USF Fans' acceptance of these results time and time again is why our athletic programs will never be elite.

This. If this team makes the tourney, no USF fan should happy with just making the tournament for the near future.

You missed his point ... he was talking about this game and how we all should be slitting our wrists instead of just accepting it.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

EVERY TIME

I hate being a USF fan.

Then stop being one. No one is forcing you to be.

So...

naughty-memes-gtfo.gif

I[m thankful and appreciative of this team

Went way beyond anyone's realistic expectations.

...So yeah... "What a disappointment" :rolleyes:

Who would have thought we would be excited (and still rooting) for this team in March

B)

Let's hope this is the rebirth of a great era in Bulls BBall.

:)

Moral victories...yay!

How is this a moral victory? USF just won 20 games and 13 in arguably the toughest conference in College Basketball. They looked like crap about 2.5 months ago and the turnaround they put on is amazing. We're on the cusp of making the tourney. I'm pretty sure if someone told you usf would be watching selection sunday with actual hopes of beign selected, you'd be ecstatic. This season has been a complete surprise and pretty amazing. Losing sucks but we just lost in the Quarterfinal to the 3rd best BE team. This team isn't done.

Can't wait till selection sunday, this team has been awesome to watch.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

we don't make things harder on ourselves. we are still navigating uncharted waters for our two revenue sports. football is still a VERY young program, and we're trying to build a program in the best conference in men's college basketball, and we're doing it against northeastern teams in a state like Florida that isn't traditionally abundant in basketball talent. this team has overachieved with a freshman at pointguard and no true go-to scorer that even puts up double digits a game. yet look where we are, on the verge of dancing.

YES, we all want to win something, we all want to bask in the glory... but regardless of anything else this season has been a huge, huge leap forward for our program. enjoy it. u rob yourself of the joys of being a fan when u ignore the positive accomplishments by constantly setting higher standards once the previous standards have been shattered.

And why shouldn't you set higher standards? Once the goal is reached it is not a goal anymore.

not a matter of setting higher standards, it's a matter of how people are reacting to failure to meet higher standards after all the previous standards were surpassed.

disappointment is fine, but at some point u gotta enjoy the milestones that have already been achieved instead of constantly being mad about those that have yet to come.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

USF Fans' acceptance of these results time and time again is why our athletic programs will never be elite.

So, Mookie, how SHOULD the fans have handled this loss? What options do we have other than "accepting" It? Scream to fire Stan .... start a campaign to have Jawanza's scholarship pulled? Please enlighten us ...

Sure I'll be glad to enlighten you yet again. For starters stop acting like losing games that we were in position to win is OK. This mentality leads to apathy which is how one could best describe USF's fan base and you are the epitome. If you don't think athletes feed off of a milquetoast fanbase you've never played sports which in your case is the truth.

Any other questions?

So, Mookie, how SHOULD the fans have handled this loss? What options do we have other than "accepting" It? Scream to fire Stan .... start a campaign to have Jawanza's scholarship pulled? Please enlighten us ...

Sure I'll be glad to enlighten you yet again. For starters stop acting like losing games that we were in position to win is OK. This mentality leads to apathy which is how one could best describe USF's fan base and you are the epitome. If you don't think athletes feed off of a milquetoast fanbase you've never played sports which in your case is the truth.

Any other questions?

LOL ... Just because one doesn't come on here and whine like a little girl about hating to be a USF fan because we gave a game away doesn't mean we don't care. Is that how you think we should act after a loss like, pouty little babies?? THAT will help things? If our athletes have ANY kind of a meaningful reaction to what goes on on this message board we have a lot bigger problem than your erroneously perceived one about our acceptance of a loss or not ... and I'd love to hear your experience with a milquetoast fanbase as a player. Parents are usually supportive even when you have to go back to hitting off a tee.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Any other questions?

LOL ... Just because one doesn't come on here and whine like a little girl about hating to be a USF fan because we gave a game away doesn't mean we don't care. Is that how you think we should act after a loss like, pouty little babies?? THAT will help things? If our athletes have ANY kind of a meaningful reaction to what goes on on this message board we have a lot bigger problem than your erroneously perceived one about our acceptance of a loss or not ... and I'd love to hear your experience with a milquetoast fanbase as a player. Parents are usually supportive even when you have to go back to hitting off a tee.

you're right. Pompous-holier-than-thou dooshbag pouts towards anyone who doesnt drink the Kool-Aid and questions apathy provides a far more constructive service to USF and it's fanbase.

As for parents and tee-ball I don't know WTF you're talking about but then again neither do you.

Any other questions?

you're right. Pompous-holier-than-thou dooshbag pouts towards anyone who doesnt drink the Kool-Aid and questions apathy provides a far more constructive service to USF and it's fanbase.

Constructive ... really? How exactly is coming on here, after the best basketball season in the history of the hoops program, and sniffling about hating to be a USF fan, being constructive? I understand the "drinking Kool-Aid" and "Green and Gold Goggles" crap at time but you sound like a ******* fool pulling that now.

As for parents and tee-ball I don't know WTF you're talking about but then again neither do you.

My bad ... I assumed your comment about athletes feeding of a milquetoast fanbase was from personal experience ... Should have known.

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

Sure I'll be glad to enlighten you yet again. For starters stop acting like losing games that we were in position to win is OK. This mentality leads to apathy which is how one could best describe USF's fan base and you are the epitome. If you don't think athletes feed off of a milquetoast fanbase you've never played sports which in your case is the truth. Any other questions?
you're right. Pompous-holier-than-thou dooshbag pouts towards anyone who doesnt drink the Kool-Aid and questions apathy provides a far more constructive service to USF and it's fanbase. As for parents and tee-ball I don't know WTF you're talking about but then again neither do you.

Being upset the night of or the day after when you're not taking the game into context is understandable, but you should be able to look back at this point and realize that a even two months ago everyone even USF fans would have said you were screwing with them if you were to tell them what the Bulls have accomplished this year. Be happy about that at least. It sucks that we had the chance to win and didn't but to think that we should have one that game when we have never even been close to that level of basketball before is a joke and a little unreliastic...

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

First, I would state that I grew up a Cleveland sports fan. Year after year the disappointment was there, still is. But....I still love my teams and will always support them. That's what it's like being a true fan.

Same thing here with the Bulls. Anybody that says they are not disappointed in the outcome of yesterday's game is lying to themselves. But I'm sure nobody feel worse about what happen than Poland. I hope a lesson's been learned and that given an opportunity to play in the NCAA Tournament, it wouldn't happen again.

Being ok with the outcome of the game yesterday is not a crime and doesn't mean you're accepting of a team that makes too many mistakes. This team has performed better than ANYONE would have hoped for this year. I think, actually, if we get into the tourney, we have a chance to make some real noise, and think we could beat anyone. I hope the opportunity presents itself. I will continue to support this team just like all my other teams. Win or lose. Sometimes it takes several days to get over my anguish, but I always get over it. As frustrating as it can be at times, my health can't take it if I dwell on it too long. The sun is still going to come up in the morning, and I'm still going to have to go to work. Until December 21st anyway.

Archived