• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THEY WILL BREAK YOUR HEART EVERY TIME

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

i love how we are disappointed that our basketball team lost to notre dame after winning a BE tourny game and is probly headed to the dance...

at the beginning of the season we were clamoring for stan to be canned

Um yes fans are supposed to be disappointed when their team loses a game that was in the bag with less than 40 secs left.

USF Fans' acceptance of these results time and time again is why our athletic programs will never be elite.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

EVERY TIME

I hate being a USF fan.

Then stop being one. No one is forcing you to be.

So...

naughty-memes-gtfo.gif

I[m thankful and appreciative of this team

Went way beyond anyone's realistic expectations.

...So yeah... "What a disappointment" :rolleyes:

Who would have thought we would be excited (and still rooting) for this team in March

B)

Let's hope this is the rebirth of a great era in Bulls BBall.

:)

Moral victories...yay!

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

This team has FAR from broken my heart. It stinks that we lost on a 30 second series of brain farts... but this season has been 1000 fold more successful than I thought possible. We took major steps that we can grow off of. Even if we were left to the NIT, which would be hugely disappointing based on current situation, just the fact that we are in this position, to have an NCAA berth opportunity and having been 1 missed layup from BE semi's... it is amazing. This team has played their hearts out. No broken heart here. Hopefully Jawanza has a shot to make things right and win us a game in the tourney.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Um yes fans are supposed to be disappointed when their team loses a game that was in the bag with less than 40 secs left.

USF Fans' acceptance of these results time and time again is why our athletic programs will never be elite.

I haven't seen anyone accepting this loss. We all know we had the game and lost it. Unfortunately, it happens. Even worse for us, it happened at the worst possible time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

This team deserves a lot of credit. They played their hearts out tonight. The last thing I hate is being a USF fan. I like Dela am "broken hearted" but this game convinced me once again that we can play with ANYONE in the country. Every coach headed into this tourney knows that now, too. So one finger roll away from a huge upset, I think Poland didn't slam it because he was being cautious, that indecision cost him the shot. That and every thing that bounced 4 feet off a ND missed shot fell back into the net. They got the breaks, we didn't. We didn't get beat tonight, we just lost a game

I don't know if he didn't catch the ball cleanly or got his footwork messed up. I'm thinking he wanted to slam it, things didn't go right for the dunk so he had to go under for the reverse. Still needs to make it but there was something unsmooth about the play.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,705
  • Days Won:  424

So, Mookie, how SHOULD the fans have handled this loss? What options do we have other than "accepting" It? Scream to fire Stan .... start a campaign to have Jawanza's scholarship pulled? Please enlighten us ...

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

i love how we are disappointed that our basketball team lost to notre dame after winning a BE tourny game and is probly headed to the dance...

in what way are we "accepting" these results? we're all pissed that we let the game slip away.

how do u suggest we go about NOT "accepting" it? boycott USF athletics? ship the team off to Siberia?

and how do fans' "acceptance" or "non-acceptance" affect the play of the team on the court? are they going to see how pissed we all are in our tweets and message board posts and come out next time like "the FANS won't accept a loss, next time i won't miss a shot!" get real. some things are beyond control. if fans show their lack of "acceptance" by bailing on the teams, the athletics dept. or on the university itself, we will ABSOLUTELY be mired in mediocrity forever.

i also don't see what there is to not accept. the loss sucks, but do u really NOT "accept" the results of this season? 20 wins, top 6 of the Big East, a BET win, a high possibility of getting to the NCAAT for the first time in 20 years... and you're DISAPPOINTED? someone should pull up your posts from before the season and early at the beginning of the season... i'd bet money your expectations for this team were nowhere NEAR this high. now that they've surpassed all your expectations, you're pissed that they didn't reach an even higher bar? get real.

regardless of our failure to win a game we should have won last night, this team has done amazing things this season. enjoy it instead of being emo.

• Content Count:  445

we don't make things harder on ourselves. we are still navigating uncharted waters for our two revenue sports. football is still a VERY young program, and we're trying to build a program in the best conference in men's college basketball, and we're doing it against northeastern teams in a state like Florida that isn't traditionally abundant in basketball talent. this team has overachieved with a freshman at pointguard and no true go-to scorer that even puts up double digits a game. yet look where we are, on the verge of dancing.

YES, we all want to win something, we all want to bask in the glory... but regardless of anything else this season has been a huge, huge leap forward for our program. enjoy it. u rob yourself of the joys of being a fan when u ignore the positive accomplishments by constantly setting higher standards once the previous standards have been shattered.

And why shouldn't you set higher standards? Once the goal is reached it is not a goal anymore.

• Content Count:  445

This. If this team makes the tourney, no USF fan should happy with just making the tournament for the near future.

Archived