• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Star In Trouble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Problem is, I realize he's 19 but, if he's still in high school, then most girls there are 16.  What's a boy to do?

Hey, I'm don't disagree with you, I just worry about the law or the parents disagreeing with you.

If it's 24 that is definately a relief but it certainly wasn't 24 when I was in high school and a student got nailed (no pun intended) for having sex with a girl who was 16.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

that was the janitor's closet!
No wonder they punished him - where was the janitor supposed to go?  ;)
We should probably have Carlton talk with Brian Fisher about the perils of that particular activity...
Including the advantages of protection!
what he did is not illegal... at all
Public nudity, endangering the welfare of a minor, lewd and lacivious...just throwing out some stuff off the top of my head.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Smazza where you @ there are some legal questions on the table your post on this might actually be a nice contribution to the topic.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

(4)  LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS BATTERY.--A person who:

(a)  Engages in sexual activity with a person 12 years of age or older but less than 16 years of age;

pretty sure the whole "minor" tag expires at 16, dont have time to fish for the rest right now

only thing they could really go after for with the current info is public nudity, but thats a relatively weak charge.  And there may be something regarding school property but there are so many weird school laws I have no idea

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Define "***** fide medical purposes".

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Under 24 sleeping with 16 or 17 year old, no legal issues.

Over 24, legal issues.

Hill committed no crime.  His only offense was his lack of judgement on WHERE the liaison took place.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

Are you saying that in highschool if you had a chance to "get a little" you would have bothered to think about where you are?

As a 19-year-old adult, I expect someone to have the very basic moral upbringing to know that having sex IN SCHOOL is wrong. So, yes, I am saying that.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Under 24 sleeping with 16 or 17 year old, no legal issues.

Over 24, legal issues.

Hill committed no crime.  His only offense was his lack of judgement on WHERE the liaison took place.

Actually, they have every right in the state of Florida to prosecute on this claim.  Mistake is no defense nor is consent in Florida. This is a no tolerance type law, but it looks ok, b/c she was 16.  That seems to make a big difference according to the Statute.  Ã‚§Â§ 800.04(4) and (5), Fla. Stat. (2002).  I don't think they tend  to pursue cases whereas the ages as such as involved here.  Hopefully this girl won't think she can get a name for herself and decide to press charges.  That would be bad.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I believe that that law was passed recently.  My friend is in the police academy and he told me about it... I still think under 18 is sorta sketchy, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

It probably was the girls fault!!! ;D  ( sorry! just joshin!!!!)  It cetainly takes 2 to tango. Both were at fault and made a bad decision!  Somebody from USF needs to get to this kid and straighten out his act NOW before he committs further indiscretions.