• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt sighting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

shhhhhhhhhh - i'm on a conference call with john right now... at work

#epicfail

Hahahaha, good save.

jesus-approves-thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Jim Leavitt is da man! No way we end up where we are without him and anyone who doubts that is not a realist. The friggin guy propped up nothing into something. He has been better than Skip so far, recruited better than Skip so far, and although he lost games, his teams never lost the way we did last year. If CJL had been coach last year, the scalp hunters would be out in force to take him down. Skippy puts his howdy-doody face on and the bulk of BPers slobber all over themselves. Skip better show us something next year or I go to the "long knives" :)

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

We got [a new coach] and you can see how that has worked out so far.

Yeah, the team is performing at about the same level it did under Leavitt.

I know, I know, you're going to say this past year was worse than any Leavitt had in the Big East. But 2004 happened under Leavitt's watch. Any team with any coach can have a bad year. USF hasn't shown itself to be better off with Holtz yet, but your implication that the Holtz hiring hasn't "worked out" after two years is ridiculous. The 2010 team finished with the same record the 2009 and 2008 editions did, and 1-6 in the Big East this past season isn't really much worse than the 2-5 record posted in 2008. There's no reason to assume this team would be any better today with Leavitt at the helm.

I do miss his passion for the job, though.

Well I for one think they would be better because he would have the money to hire good coachs not guys coming out of high school. I mean come on. He was lucky in the respect he had Wally but beyond that we couldn't hire away anyone from any other school . Hey - come to South Florida -yea I know you will take a pay cut and have to work longer hours but but but - really. I mean really. What did you think he could do. He was an awsome recruiter and lets not go to the apr garbage because when you are USF you have to take chances.

Now to Skip - I was excited to get him and he may have great success here and I sure hope he does but what I have seen so far is not an upgrade from Jim - I would take CJL back right now. In a heart beat. But I have this same agruement with my friends/son so I am used to it. The one thing I will say is if Skip or Jim were to say go to 3 BCS games in a row and lets make it good - win all three. Who would stay at USF ?

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Does anyone realize that Skips 2 teams were comprised mainly of CJL kids? They and a number of patchwork kids out of the JUCOs is what we have been playing with during this time. Most of Skips classes are just working their way into the system now. Part of the reason we struggled the last 2 years was that we had huge holes in upperclassmen at critical spots(OL, WR, CB, RB, QB......) . Our recruiting strategy was a bit more than erratic. Don't get me wrong I think CJL was a god send to the program in that he got a lot out of the kids that he had, but I question whether his managerial skills were sufficient for a top level D-1 program. CSH certainly seems far more deliberate and strategic in his thinking and how he is working to build a program that competes at the highest levels. Let's give him a chance to compete with his kids before we throw him under the bus. I love the academic and team building measures Skip has put into place. Who knows if he will be a great game day coach, I'm pretty sure that story is not yet written. Unfortunately we live in a "I want what I want and I want it now" society. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will be this team. I am pretty sure if Skip has a good season he will be the fair haired boy pretty quickly again.

• Content Count:  10,219

I know, I know, you're going to say this past year was worse than any Leavitt had in the Big East. But 2004 happened under Leavitt's watch. Any team with any coach can have a bad year. USF hasn't shown itself to be better off with Holtz yet, but your implication that the Holtz hiring hasn't "worked out" after two years is ridiculous. The 2010 team finished with the same record the 2009 and 2008 editions did, and 1-6 in the Big East this past season isn't really much worse than the 2-5 record posted in 2008. There's no reason to assume this team would be any better today with Leavitt at the helm.

the WAY we lost this year is what showed the big change from the CJL era

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

the WAY we lost this year is what showed the big change from the CJL era

And what "WAY" was that, exactly? USF's average margin of defeat in its seven losses was less than eight points. Take out the Pitt thumping, and the average is less than five points. The team lost three games by three points and another by six. In Leavitt's last season, the average margin of defeat in five losses was a little less than 20 points, and only one of the losses was by less than 17 points. This leads you to conclude that the team was better under Leavitt than it is now under Holtz?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

If before Holtz leaves he made the impact Leavitt did, all things considered, we'll be well off as a program. Who really gives a crap about the haggling over Leavitt's last couple years and Holtz's first couple? Makes for nice discussion (at times) but some are dug in regardless. It's boxers and briefs.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

2004 happened with Leavitt knowing it would probably happen. He played an amazing amount of freshmen with the idea of being prepared for 2005 and the Big East. Smart to take the lumps in CUSA and then compete in the Big East the next season

If he truly played players in 2004 that he knew would not perform as well as others to set up 2005. Then he is a horrible man. What do you think he told the seniors in 2004? "I understand it's your senior year, but we're moving to The Big East next year and we have to set ourselves up for success then not now". Come on man; think about what you are inferring.

You don't do what's "fair or right" for individual players, you do what's best for the program!

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

If before Holtz leaves he made the impact Leavitt did, all things considered, we'll be well off as a program. Who really gives a crap about the haggling over Leavitt's last couple years and Holtz's first couple? Makes for nice discussion (at times) but some are dug in regardless. It's boxers and briefs.

That's a big IF Brad.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

How does one register a vote as commando?

Archived