• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt sighting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone realize that Skips 2 teams were comprised mainly of CJL kids? They and a number of patchwork kids out of the JUCOs is what we have been playing with during this time. Most of Skips classes are just working their way into the system now. Part of the reason we struggled the last 2 years was that we had huge holes in upperclassmen at critical spots(OL, WR, CB, RB, QB......) . Our recruiting strategy was a bit more than erratic. Don't get me wrong I think CJL was a god send to the program in that he got a lot out of the kids that he had, but I question whether his managerial skills were sufficient for a top level D-1 program. CSH certainly seems far more deliberate and strategic in his thinking and how he is working to build a program that competes at the highest levels. Let's give him a chance to compete with his kids before we throw him under the bus. I love the academic and team building measures Skip has put into place. Who knows if he will be a great game day coach, I'm pretty sure that story is not yet written. Unfortunately we live in a "I want what I want and I want it now" society. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will be this team. I am pretty sure if Skip has a good season he will be the fair haired boy pretty quickly again.

I think when you say this you are making exactly the point alot of us feel. The "CJL had peaked" group wanted a new "better" coach. Well if Skip is new and better then we expected results(ie see Mich last year post Rich Rod). One of Skips supposedly strong points was to change the play book to match his players. Just saying so far not to excited but I hope he blows it up next year and we win the BE. I will support whoever is our coach and I will always support CJL.

Boxers or briefs ? WTF ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

2004 happened with Leavitt knowing it would probably happen. He played an amazing amount of freshmen with the idea of being prepared for 2005 and the Big East. Smart to take the lumps in CUSA and then compete in the Big East the next season

If he truly played players in 2004 that he knew would not perform as well as others to set up 2005. Then he is a horrible man. What do you think he told the seniors in 2004? "I understand it's your senior year, but we're moving to The Big East next year and we have to set ourselves up for success then not now". Come on man; think about what you are inferring.

You don't do what's "fair or right" for individual players, you do what's best for the program!

You can believe what you want. I think that you'd make any excuse you can for him.

Go ahead and believe that he did that. Until i hear

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I wish Jim the best, But if the program ever wanted to take the next step Jim had to leave. Is Skip the answer? Maybe maybe not. I think we end up having a good year this year.

he was great first 5 years building the program than

he did a good job but bottomed out here years before he left

he was always a good football coach

of course i wish him the best

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't want a coach to do any different. You can't satisfy individual players at the expense of the over all program.

Archived