• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PG/SG Sam Cassell Jr (USF very interested)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

No word from him on twitter about the visit.

Sam Cassell Jr †@sam2ss2ll

On the plane going back up north

9:13 AM - 7 Apr 12 via Twitter for Android

Sure he was here? Said on twitter he was with Pitt Guard, Tray Woodall, last night.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

No word from him on twitter about the visit. Sam Cassell Jr †@sam2ss2ll On the plane going back up north 9:13 AM - 7 Apr 12 via Twitter for Android
Sure he was here? Said on twitter he was with Pitt Guard, Tray Woodall, last night.

I'm not sure. Just figured he was visiting here based on the info we had and since he is on a plane going back up north.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

No word from him on twitter about the visit. Sam Cassell Jr †@sam2ss2ll On the plane going back up north 9:13 AM - 7 Apr 12 via Twitter for Android

I'm not sure. Just figured he was visiting here based on the info we had and since he is on a plane going back up north.

I'm hearing he didn't come down this weekend, but I cannot confirm that is true. We'll know soon enough if he came down or is coming next week.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

I'm hearing he didn't come down this weekend, but I cannot confirm that is true. We'll know soon enough if he came down or is coming next week.

Are you hearing that he cancelled or moved? Hopefully just moved.

Are you hearing that he cancelled or moved? Hopefully just moved.

He appears to have changed his visit to USF to next weekend, because of the Easter holiday.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430

UCF offered and they could have a pretty good shot at him if they pitch the whole "Jordan's kids playing with Cassell's kid in the same team" pitch.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

UCF offered and they could have a pretty good shot at him if they pitch the whole "Jordan's kids playing with Cassell's kid in the same team" pitch.

Lol he isn't going to UCF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

There's only one Jordan there and he only has one more year.

APRIL 09, 2012 Combo guard Sam Cassell Jr. visiting USF

The spring signing period for basketball starts on Wednesday, and within the week, Stan Heath could make a key addition to USF's 2012 recruiting class, as Baltimore combo guard Sam Cassell Jr., son of the Florida State and NBA standout, is visiting the Bulls this weekend and has USF in his final three. "He's down to Maryland, South Florida and Pittsburgh," said Ryan Hurd, Cassell's coach at Notre Dame Prep in Fitchburg, Mass. "I would be surprised if there's another visit. I think he's pretty much honed in on these three schools." Cassell, a 6-foot-4, 180-pound combo guard, had committed to Maryland last month, but backed out of that commitment last week.

He was originally scheduled to visit USF last weekend, but the Bulls rescheduled his visit to avoid any conflicts with the holiday weekend.

He visited Pittsburgh over the weekend instead, where the Panthers have signed a Notre Dame teammate of his in 7-footer Steven Adams.

Cassell has also been recruited by top programs like Connecticut and FSU -- you can check out a

to see what he's capable of doing on the court.

He's rated as a three-star recruit by ESPN, Rivals and Scout, and Hurd said there's a distinct personality to his game. "He's a colorful basketball away from being an ABA player -- unbelievable ability to score. The kid makes shots laying on his back," Hurd said. "He's never affected by anything that's happening around him. He just walks in and plays his game." USF has strong connections to the Cassell family through assistant Eric Skeeters, a Baltimore native like both Cassells. Skeeters coached from 1992-96 at St. Frances Academy, where Cassell attended until this season, and he spent five years as an assistant at Towson under Pat Kennedy, who coached Cassell at FSU. Sam Cassell Sr. is now an assistant with the Washington Wizards, having retired in 2008 after a 15-year NBA career in which he totaled 15,635 points with a career average of 15.7 points per game.

"Having seen South Florida play a couple of times this year, obviously they were tremendous on the defensive end," Hurd said. "They probably could use a little help putting the ball in the basket. When you see a team that defends as well as they obviously are, you see that those kids really like each other and have bought in to what the coaches are saying. As a coach, you feel OK sending a kid to a situation like that because it seems like they're a happy family."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/combo-guard-sam-cassell-jr-visiting-usf

Coincidentally, guard Sterling Gibbs, brother of ex-Pitt guard Ashton Gibbs, left Texas to make room for Holland. So, he could end up at Pitt and we could land Cassell. Funny, if all that happened.