• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PG/SG Sam Cassell Jr (USF very interested)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

Speaking of, I have to post this - 25 of the ugliest NBA players in history slideshow. Forget BR; DR, you have to see this and the comments. A tad mean, but funny. :lol:

http://bleacherrepor...-in-nba-history

Per article - "Look at Sam Cassell, he looks like an alien mated with a human and then smashed it's face in with a brick at birth."

That's just F'd up. I personally wouldn't sleep with the guy, but c'mon he's not that bad looking of a guy.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Speaking of, I have to post this - 25 of the ugliest NBA players in history slideshow. Forget BR; DR, you have to see this and the comments. A tad mean, but funny. :lol:

Per article - "Look at Sam Cassell, he looks like an alien mated with a human and then smashed it's face in with a brick at birth."

That's just F'd up. I personally wouldn't sleep with the guy, but c'mon he's not that bad looking of a guy.

Well when you're rich and famous it doesn't matter how you look. Some of the finest females on the planet will think you're a beautiful person. Look at Tyrone "Tea Time" Hill. As one article said, "he's the walking definition of ugly." Yet this guy had a beautiful wife and gets to cheat with many other women.

• 1 month later...

Committed to Maryland today

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

Well when you're rich and famous it doesn't matter how you look. Some of the finest females on the planet will think you're a beautiful person. Look at Tyrone "Tea Time" Hill. As one article said, "he's the walking definition of ugly." Yet this guy had a beautiful wife and gets to cheat with many other women.

That list wasn't that bad. They have nothin' on baseball's Willie McGee http://www.google.com/imgres?q=willie+mcgee&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&biw=1067&bih=522&tbm=isch&tbnid=_ZLmj8FzHLfH2M:&imgrefurl=http://www.facebook.com/people/Willie-McGee/100001662889805&docid=opHb4vYMB6qJ1M&imgurl=http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/49908_100001662889805_7001181_n.jpg&w=171&h=240&ei=ZK1vT42lLMae2gXU5-TxAQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=650&sig=104880768687621364048&page=1&tbnh=139&tbnw=96&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=48&ty=78

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Committed to Maryland today

Cripes. I hope we can sway D. Holland back into the mix. We can seriously use some backcourt help. Keep on plugging, Coach Hipsher!

Well it's not over just yet

Maryland Recruiting: Sam Cassell Jr. To Visit Florida State, USF, According To Report

Mar 30 8:44p by Brendan Porath

Read More: Florida St. Seminoles, Maryland Terrapins, South Florida Bulls

The saga of Sam Cassell, Jr's recruitment took another turn on Friday, when reports surfaced that he planned to make visits to Florida State and South Florida. Cassell's father came out this week and said his son had not committed to Maryland, despite earlier news in the week that he had indeed committed to play for Mark Turgeon. Now, as Testudo Times writes, it appears he's taking a few other visits at the behest of his father:

http://dc.sbnation.com/2012/3/30/2915329/sam-cassell-jr-maryland-recruiting-florida-state-south-florida

Sam Cassell, " The grass is just as green at the other places as it is at Maryland"

Sam Cassell: My son has not committed to Maryland

Contrary to recent reports, Sam Cassell Jr. has not in fact committed to play basketball at the University of Maryland.

Who says?

His father, that’s who.

“False,†former NBA star and current Washington Wizards assistant coach Sam Cassell said exclusively to CSNwashington.com Monday night at the Verizon Center regarding news that his son is officially heading to the ACC program.

“He’s considering Maryland. Maryland is still one of his top schools, but it’s not guaranteed that he’s going there. This is coming from his father, not one of his friends.â€

Cassell said his son officially visited the College park campus and that it “went well...he liked Maryland, but added "he's going to take a couple of [other] visits. If he chooses Maryland, Maryland it is."

The 15-year NBA veteran mentioned Villanova, South Florida, Arizona and Florida State as schools still in the mix.

“I just think he needs to compare Maryland to somewhere else,†said the father.

“He has choices. There is no rush. He will be there for four years. This is a major decision.â€

After playing in the Baltimore area for St. Frances and Towson Catholic, Cassell Jr. spent his final two seasons at Notre Dame Prep in Fitchburg, Mass. The combo guard averaged over 16 points per game this past season and ESPN rates him as a three-star recruit. Cassell Jr. would be the sixth member of Maryland’s highly rated 2012 class.

When the news broke on Sunday, the Wizards were in Boston playing the Celtics.

“Speculation got out there – he might have put it out there. I’m on the road when I start hearing all these rumors that he’s going to Maryland," said the father. "I have nothing against Maryland. I just want my son to have more options than just one.

“He visited Maryland. Like I told him, the grass is green at Villanova. The grass is green at South Florida. Let’s see what those schools are talking about before you make a decision.â€

Cassell, also a product of the Baltimore basketball scene, played two years at Florida State. The thought of his son playing for his alma mater is appealing, but not mandatory.

“It would be nice, but I’m not forcing him to anything. This will fully be my son’s decision only. Not me, not no one else. I just want to give him options.â€

The initial signing date for signing a national letter of intent is April 11. Maybe before then, maybe not, the Cassell’s will come to a decision and announce it to the world. But not yet.

“Decision coming soon,†said the father. “If they waited this long they can wait three more weeks.â€

http://www.csnwashin...666&feedID=6458

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Sam Cassell Jr. decommits from Maryland, will visit South Florida on Thursday

http://bigeast360.co..._medium=twitter

When's the last time a kid de-comitted from a program to visit USF for basketball? I hope Jr. enjoys his time here. Seal the deal, Coach Hipsher!

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I just wonder out loud what chances USF would have over FSU or Maryland.

One school is his hometown....which he has already commited to....the other is his father's school....where he would be famous the moment he arrives at campus.

The only thing going for us.....is FSU has several guards ahead of him and he may have to wait for minutes....whereas....since USF really only has one PG in AC....he could come in and get 10-15 minutes immediately and could potentially split minutes or play full time as a true Freshman if there were any kind of injury during the season.