• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2013 Recruits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,287
  • Days Won:  10

We need a kick butt season to really turn in a big recruiting class. 8-4 at a minimum.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

My analysis of who we'll have on roster after the 2012-13 season at our weakest spots (QB, RB, LB, CB):

• QB: Eveld, Floyd. There's no obvious starter. Insufficient depth.
  • RB: Battles, Davis, Shaw, Pierre. Again, no obvious stater, but a lot of talent. E.g. People forget that Battles was ranked higher than Tavon Austin out of high school. Hopefully one establishes themselves as a clear #2 (or even #1) to Murray this year. Needs depth.
  • LB: Lattimore, Pozniak, Louis, Cliett, Caprice, Whitehurst. We probably have enough for a 2 deep. Really scary with starting MLB spot though, do we switch over Dede?
  • CB: Durden, Garye, Tabuteau, Bivins, Montgomery, McCall. We lose both of our probable starters and are basically a lot of guys who have next to zero experience in D1 football. I'm personally terrified here and QB most. (Gee switching T-Rex was so freaking genius.)

Most of the above probably should've been addressed THIS season, with the exception of maybe RB. I guess we did cover CB with Bivins and the JUCO's but QB and LB were major whiffs.

You forgot Dixon and Brown at corner and Hamilton at LB. A couple of those guys could be starters down the road. I really like Dixon but he can't seem to stay healthy.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

^ As opposed to doing nothing on offense.

Thought he excelled at Punt returns and he has a lot of time left to make a real impact on Offense. That problem is Fitch not where he is playing.

Punt returns is not offense. He could be a corner returning punts

My analysis of who we'll have on roster after the 2012-13 season at our weakest spots (QB, RB, LB, CB):

• QB: Eveld, Floyd. There's no obvious starter. Insufficient depth.
  • RB: Battles, Davis, Shaw, Pierre. Again, no obvious stater, but a lot of talent. E.g. People forget that Battles was ranked higher than Tavon Austin out of high school. Hopefully one establishes themselves as a clear #2 (or even #1) to Murray this year. Needs depth.
  • LB: Lattimore, Pozniak, Louis, Cliett, Caprice, Whitehurst. We probably have enough for a 2 deep. Really scary with starting MLB spot though, do we switch over Dede?
  • CB: Durden, Garye, Tabuteau, Bivins, Montgomery, McCall. We lose both of our probable starters and are basically a lot of guys who have next to zero experience in D1 football. I'm personally terrified here and QB most. (Gee switching T-Rex was so freaking genius.)

Most of the above probably should've been addressed THIS season, with the exception of maybe RB. I guess we did cover CB with Bivins and the JUCO's but QB and LB were major whiffs.

You forgot Dixon and Brown at corner and Hamilton at LB. A couple of those guys could be starters down the road. I really like Dixon but he can't seem to stay healthy.

I meant to put "etc" in the corners area.

We have a lot of DB's; but they're almost entirely unknown (except at S where we should be comfortable with Joyce/Jenkins). Heck, Baker is a reach this year as a starter and the guys behind him are worse. Nobody stepped up last year at the #3 besides Jenkins and he's a safety. If nobody steps up again, we're in real big trouble.

• Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

Coach Holtz tonight indicated that we will have a full (25+) recruiting class next year and gave a breakdown of the number of players that they hope to sign by position. He indicated that he is targeting to sign 2 QBs.

Someone asked whether Coach Hargreaves' son would be the jewel of next year's class. Skip joked that there would probably be several in-home visits.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I hope D'vo Montgomery is helping to land this future 4-5 star QB.

244998.jpg

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

^ As opposed to doing nothing on offense.

Thought he excelled at Punt returns and he has a lot of time left to make a real impact on Offense. That problem is Fitch not where he is playing.

Punt returns is not offense. He could be a corner returning punts

Yeah, a 60 yard punt return has no offensive impact. He is a soph for christ sake. let him mature. He is gonna have a breakout year. We have so many weapons now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

Someone asked whether Coach Hargreaves' son would be the jewel of next year's class. Skip joked that there would probably be several in-home visits.

Geezus, why would someone ask that question and why did Skip respond to it, even jokingly, other than "I can't comment on players not signed yet" ??

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Geezus, why would someone ask that question and why did Skip respond to it, even jokingly, other than "I can't comment on players not signed yet" ??

Calm down. USF is not going to get in trouble for something like that. Skip handled that perfectly

Yeah, a 60 yard punt return has no offensive impact. He is a soph for christ sake. let him mature. He is gonna have a breakout year. We have so many weapons now.

I don't care if it has offensive impact. It's not an offensive position. Was Kayvon on offense when he recovered the football and scored against ND? I'm pretty sure that had some offensive impact too.

He might have a breakout year, if he does, it's probably more of a testament to his supreme athletic ability. He has a lot less in the way of having a breakout year at CB than he does at WR. If Griffin/Dunkley/Davis stay healthy, he doesn't crack the 2 deep.

Archived