• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Dome photo update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

It was amazing. They got it mostly right. Still a good amount of work to be done.

I can tell you now that the Dome will be louder than ever before. Having the solid second level will help trap the sound, and the pull out seats echo really well, so the students can get really loud.

I do have a few points where they need to fix/improve.

One of the graphics has a "student" wearing NY Jets gear. Who decided to use that picture and put the Jets in our dome?

The exterior of the Corral NEEDS to be painted to match. Covering it with banners is just cheap. More on the Corral later.

The student entrance needs to be redone also. The color scheme doesn't match and still looks like the crappy old dome. Probably relates to my next point.

The Hardwood Club downstairs isn't complete. This is supposed to be where the big donors with courtside seats go to get food, etc. I was told it wasn't done because they ran out of money.

Finally, I noticed they have moved the volleyball offices to the lower level of the SunDome and out of the Corral. When I asked a few people what would happen to the old offices in the Corral I got three different answers; "facility staff offices", "storage", and one guy grinning coyly saying "To be determined". Now I went into the Corral afterwards, and it's a complete mess and will need a good cleaning as well as get the floor refinished (told by McGillis it would). [side note: also saw a pair of 2002 CUSA Volleyball Championship trophies buried under some cardboard covered in dust, lying on the floor. Not pleased to see our history just being treated that way.] Anyhow, I'm starting to wonder if a renovation of the Corral is on the list of things to do. Use it as a spark to jump start what's been an average program for a couple of years.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Student Lounge. This was the only part of the dome that felt underwhelming. After all the buildup about the student lounge, it appears to be a small room that was more of an afterthought. But, oh well.

They haven't furnished it yet. They are going to install 5 flatscreens around the club and add ammenities closer to the season. Those boring chairs were placeholders. Up until last week the student club room was being used for storage. I also think I've found myself 3 (at least two for sure) times in your pictures.

I loved the dome today, and I'm really excited to have a professional style arena on our campus for next year.

Edited by BullsForever

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

I'll be working it

You still in Tampa? Thought I saw on your FB page you had graduated and gone back to TX?

Nope, interning with Athletics & Global Spectrum (company than manages Sun Dome) and took 1 class and applying for Sports & Entertainment Grad Program that is starting in fall

Good luck with everything.

thanks. i have a meeting with the director May 10th...

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616

I'll be working it

You still in Tampa? Thought I saw on your FB page you had graduated and gone back to TX?

Nope, interning with Athletics & Global Spectrum (company than manages Sun Dome) and took 1 class and applying for Sports & Entertainment Grad Program that is starting in fall

That's good news. Glad you're still around!

Is this the new Sports MBA I heard about? Will be interested to hear how it turns out. Good luck!

ya, I still had my apartment and heard rumors of a new grad program and had internship with Athletics so wanted to stay for another semester. I wish it could still be my sophomore year....

Yeah, they're partnering with the Lightning and I believe it will become a great program. I want to be a part of that inaugural class but also applied to UT Austin as a precaution. Thank you, just real nervous

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks ETA for the pics!

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

It was amazing. They got it mostly right. Still a good amount of work to be done.

I can tell you now that the Dome will be louder than ever before. Having the solid second level will help trap the sound, and the pull out seats echo really well, so the students can get really loud.

One of the graphics has a "student" wearing NY Jets gear. Who decided to use that picture and put the Jets in our dome?

The exterior of the Corral NEEDS to be painted to match. Covering it with banners is just cheap. More on the Corral later.

The student entrance needs to be redone also. The color scheme doesn't match and still looks like the crappy old dome. Probably relates to my next point.

The Hardwood Club downstairs isn't complete. This is supposed to be where the big donors with courtside seats go to get food, etc. I was told it wasn't done because they ran out of money.

Finally, I noticed they have moved the volleyball offices to the lower level of the SunDome and out of the Corral. When I asked a few people what would happen to the old offices in the Corral I got three different answers; "facility staff offices", "storage", and one guy grinning coyly saying "To be determined". Now I went into the Corral afterwards, and it's a complete mess and will need a good cleaning as well as get the floor refinished (told by McGillis it would). [side note: also saw a pair of 2002 CUSA Volleyball Championship trophies buried under some cardboard covered in dust, lying on the floor. Not pleased to see our history just being treated that way.] Anyhow, I'm starting to wonder if a renovation of the Corral is on the list of things to do. Use it as a spark to jump start what's been an average program for a couple of years.

some pretty disappointing stuff here... hardwood club incomplete because they ran out of money? weak. Student club looks pretty disappointing.

overall the inside looks pretty awesome tho

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'll be working it

That's good news. Glad you're still around!

Is this the new Sports MBA I heard about? Will be interested to hear how it turns out. Good luck!

ya, I still had my apartment and heard rumors of a new grad program and had internship with Athletics so wanted to stay for another semester. I wish it could still be my sophomore year....

Yeah, they're partnering with the Lightning and I believe it will become a great program. I want to be a part of that inaugural class but also applied to UT Austin as a precaution. Thank you, just real nervous

What does this say about USF when it's the first choice and UT Austin is the backup plan!?!!??!!!! Gotta love it!

Go Bulls!!

Edited by charsibb
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

Thanks for the pics, those were AWESOME!

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

some pretty disappointing stuff here... hardwood club incomplete because they ran out of money? weak. Student club looks pretty disappointing.

overall the inside looks pretty awesome tho

Yeah it was down stairs right across from the Student Lounge... they had the doors taped up... not even sure what they had in that room because it was dark. About the student club, its not bad and after they put the TV's in it and get the correct chairs then it will look better...

Also Woolard stated that sections 126-128 would be the new student sections, and that they would extend from the floor, all the way up to the roof if need be.

No need to go all the way out to Texas if you don't want to... Saint Leo has the same program about an hour north of Tampa.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,614
  • Content Count:  74,625
  • Days Won:  424

some pretty disappointing stuff here... hardwood club incomplete because they ran out of money? weak.

It probably shouldn't have even mentioned.

Student club looks pretty disappointing.

How does it compare to other Student Clubs around the country?