• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bucs Reportedly Hiring Schiano

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

not sure if I should be happy or feel like I got kicked in the teeth... :huh:

On one hand its a good move because it torpedoes Futgers recrutiing this year and potentially for a few years going forward. This is good for Skip Holtz and the Bulls Admin. :D

On the other hand its a bad move because now most of the $$ that Bulls fans spend at Tampa Stadium (i.e. Parking, Concessions, and a % of our ticket sales) besides paying for our share and the Buc's share of the rent to play at the stadium, our $$ is now going to also pay Shitano's salary and on top of that fund a new state of the art stadium for Temple. :angry:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

As a Fin Fan I'm laughing as I thought our C-suite was full of idiots... As a Bull; this is good news. Now if we can go-a-poaching....

• Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

If hired maybe he'll bring in a certain 49er LB Coach to be the DC.

If that were to happen I might change my opinion of the Schiano

F that. Leavitt shouldn't work under Schiano. What has Schiano accomplished that Leavitt hasn't? Football wise.

Personally, I don't know why Schiano is being offered the job. If you're going to the college ranks, there has to be a dozen guys ahead of him, no?

No ****! They would've been better off giving the job to Leavitt. Although, I doubt he wanted it anyway.

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Truly idiotic move by the Bucs. There was speculation that since they just didn't jump in and get a coach that they were waiting to talk to one of the playoff team coaches. But to name this guy? They just need to sell the Bucs to someone with a clue or at least get a GM that knows WTF is going on. Might be going back to being a Fin fan after this season.

And don't give Leavitt too much credit. He is coaching perhaps the best LBs in the NFL. As he said going into the job, Patrick Willis can teach him about the position. If he was coaching a pathetic group...the Bucs sorta come to mind, and got them to the top in the stats I'd agree that he is incredible coach. But with that group he's got in San Fran, its about what's expected of them not matter who's the coach.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Not a big Bucs fan anymore but, for their sake and the sake of many of my friends' and family members' sanity, I hope the Schiano hire works out for them. I have my doubts. For all those here that proclaim how he was always beating us in recruiting and what a great coach he was, the bottom line is he produced exactly what USF's coaches have produced in the way of titles in this crappy Big East conference, i.e., diddly and squat. I have a friend who worked in sports department at Rutgers and she summed him up this way: "He's a blockhead. But then, most football coaches are blockheads" (for example, see debate above over who is bigger sideline buffoon, Leavitt or Schiano).

Still, I hope the Schiano moves works out all around for the Bucs and the Bulls.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Schiano is a scum bag, and since he's now a Tampa person, he should help Skip sway some of his recruits....

Make it happen oh Gapt one

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I was really hoping it was going to be Chip Kelly. That was USF would have an opportunity to hire a top notch coach after he flames out in a few years.

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I'd take Chip Kelly. He would have been a better choice, closer to what the 49s have quality wise in Jim Harbough. I think Charlie Wiess would have been a better pick than Schiano. What are the Glazers THINKING? They better make some amazing movies in FA and the draft.

Just saw a blog where someone wants to keep Barber because of his work ethinc. Well, fine, but the guy is sloooooow and gets burned in more situations than he should. If he retires, get him as a position coach, he needs to stay with the team in some capacity.

I'd love Bill Cowher to come in as a czar like Bill Parcells or Mike Holmgren has for Cleveland. I don't trust the front office and dare say there isn't 1 Bucs fan that does.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

And don't give Leavitt too much credit. He is coaching perhaps the best LBs in the NFL.

Of course not Slick, we wouldn't want to get your panties in a bunch. Someone needs credit for that team, let's start with Jim Harbaugh. That team turned around including the LBs. Sort of ironic, but maybe not, that reality still doesn't seem to matter.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

And don't give Leavitt too much credit. He is coaching perhaps the best LBs in the NFL.

Of course not Slick, we wouldn't want to get your panties in a bunch. Someone needs credit for that team, let's start with Jim Harbaugh. That team turned around including the LBs. Sort of ironic, but maybe not, that reality still doesn't seem to matter.

Yeah, I guess they were awesome last year too, but when you're 6-10 and not within one play of he super bowl, it's hard to say. They either improved this year on their own or coaching has some impact.

Archived