• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Arkansas needs a dance partner next season on 9/22/2012...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Considering Ball State sucks (let's be honest here - it's a ho-hum game with no upside), and Arkansas needs to fill the 9/22/2012 date, how about we buy out the Ball State game in Muncie and take a bigger payday to go back to Arkansas while serving them some humble pie from a beat down they placed on us in 2002. The 2012 team will be the most talented USF team ever to line up on a football field (regardless of what your feelings say about this season's debacle).

We have a four year starting QB that demonstrated improvement in his decision making (finally). A beast at running back. Very talented receivers coming back (and some). A solid defense. Need I say more?

I don't have blinders on... but this type of game would be huge for the program if we win and would get the lingering fanbase back on board. We then come back and face FSU at home on 9/29/2012. The atmosphere will already be electric... but imagine coming into the FSU game with a win over a Bobby Petrino coached Razorbacks team. Someone with some financial pull in the athletic department, please bring this up to Doug Woolard. Someone tell me why this isn't feasible (tough back to back games - SEC teams do it on a weekly basis). This would give us instant credibility with a good start.

This is the type of decision that brings together a divided fan base... and we'll also find out if Skip Holtz is a coach worth moving forward with. Don't tell me the players wouldn't relish playing a big time schedule. It's a no-brainer... but I guess I can only dream because I don't believe we have the sac to make something like this happen. Just my two cents.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm all for that. Hopefully someone in the AD is aware and can make it happen.

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

I'm in 110% agreement.

The extra 10% comes from the fact that my brother-in-law and his family are multi-generation alumni and boosters of Arkansas. I'd love to see their faces if USF gave them a run for their money.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I doubt Petrino would schedule USF. He still has nightmares of L'ville's first Big East game.

Would be a fun road trip. Where do you fly into? Memphis, St Louis, Dallas, Kansas City, Okla City?

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I doubt Petrino would schedule USF. He still has nightmares of L'ville's first Big East game.

Would be a fun road trip. Where do you fly into? Memphis, St Louis, Dallas, Kansas City, Okla City?

Petrino never lost to USF at home while at the Ville. I doubt history would have anything to do with it. A reason why they wouldn't schedule us is because the SEC thinks their conference is tough enough so they don't need to schedule the tough OOC games. Arkansas would be most likely to do it than most, though. I can see them looking at our BE record and not being too worried about us.

• Content Count:  5,982

Considering Ball State sucks (let's be honest here - it's a ho-hum game with no upside), and Arkansas needs to fill the 9/22/2012 date, how about we buy out the Ball State game in Muncie and take a bigger payday to go back to Arkansas while serving them some humble pie from a beat down they placed on us in 2002. The 2012 team will be the most talented USF team ever to line up on a football field (regardless of what your feelings say about this season's debacle).

We have a four year starting QB that demonstrated improvement in his decision making (finally). A beast at running back. Very talented receivers coming back (and some). A solid defense. Need I say more?

I don't have blinders on... but this type of game would be huge for the program if we win and would get the lingering fanbase back on board. We then come back and face FSU at home on 9/29/2012. The atmosphere will already be electric... but imagine coming into the FSU game with a win over a Bobby Petrino coached Razorbacks team. Someone with some financial pull in the athletic department, please bring this up to Doug Woolard. Someone tell me why this isn't feasible (tough back to back games - SEC teams do it on a weekly basis). This would give us instant credibility with a good start.

This is the type of decision that brings together a divided fan base... and we'll also find out if Skip Holtz is a coach worth moving forward with. Don't tell me the players wouldn't relish playing a big time schedule. It's a no-brainer... but I guess I can only dream because I don't believe we have the sac to make something like this happen. Just my two cents.

It would be a nice paid-to-play game for USF and Holtz. However the Bulls have no shot in beating the Hogs at their place, no shot at all. It would be at least a 3 TD win for Arkansas.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We still need to worry about finding another game right now, so we shouldn't be worried about dropping a team already on the schedule.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Considering Ball State sucks (let's be honest here - it's a ho-hum game with no upside), and Arkansas needs to fill the 9/22/2012 date, how about we buy out the Ball State game in Muncie and take a bigger payday to go back to Arkansas while serving them some humble pie from a beat down they placed on us in 2002. The 2012 team will be the most talented USF team ever to line up on a football field (regardless of what your feelings say about this season's debacle). We have a four year starting QB that demonstrated improvement in his decision making (finally). A beast at running back. Very talented receivers coming back (and some). A solid defense. Need I say more? I don't have blinders on... but this type of game would be huge for the program if we win and would get the lingering fanbase back on board. We then come back and face FSU at home on 9/29/2012. The atmosphere will already be electric... but imagine coming into the FSU game with a win over a Bobby Petrino coached Razorbacks team. Someone with some financial pull in the athletic department, please bring this up to Doug Woolard. Someone tell me why this isn't feasible (tough back to back games - SEC teams do it on a weekly basis). This would give us instant credibility with a good start. This is the type of decision that brings together a divided fan base... and we'll also find out if Skip Holtz is a coach worth moving forward with. Don't tell me the players wouldn't relish playing a big time schedule. It's a no-brainer... but I guess I can only dream because I don't believe we have the sac to make something like this happen. Just my two cents.
It would be a nice paid-to-play game for USF and Holtz. However the Bulls have no shot in beating the Hogs at their place, no shot at all. It would be at least a 3 TD win for Arkansas.

I am sure Auburn, FSU, and Miami all felt the same way.

Great suggestion Sheriff, I hope it is put in front of the AD and seriously considered.

• Content Count:  5,982

I am sure Auburn, FSU, and Miami all felt the same way.

Great suggestion Sheriff, I hope it is put in front of the AD and seriously considered.

The (2007)Auburn, (2009)FSU, and (2010)Miami) teams are not nearly as good as the Razorbacks under Petrino. If the game was played in Tampa USF would have a good chance at beating the Hogs, but not in Fayetteville or The Rock. USF would have to score in the 40s to stay with or have a chance at beating the Hogs in their place. USF is not a shootout kind of team imo.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

If its a War Memorial game-Little Rock

Fayetteville-I'd fly into Springfield, MO and drive the rest of the way

Archived